Saturday, July 13, 2013

Celebrate ... Today and Everyday!

Hello!  I know you expected the Saturday sketch share post ... it is coming, but I am sneaking this one in first!  I want to participate in a sketch challenge that is due tomorrow at noon.  Remember how last year and the year before, I did all the monthly Sketch For You To Try challenges?  Well, Jen delMuro, now has her own stamp company and so she has brought back the challenges too!  She had her second stamp release this week, and one set "just called my name"!  So versatile and fun.  I inked it up last night just in time to get in on her challenge.  I will show you my card and the sketch I used.  Enjoy!



 

Go here to check out the set.  While your there, you might as well, check out her other sets too!  As you can see, I used the little triangle element as a banner piece, but it could also be the bottom for an ice cream cone.  I saw the banner thing on a blog somewhere, and thought ...oh, how cute is that!  I love that the "Celebrate" and "Cake" in the set is open letters, perfect to add a little color to.  I love how this came out.  I hope you do too!

Recipe:
Paper - American Crafts 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock White, Hot Pink
Stamps - Reverse Confetti Celebrate Cake
Ink - Memento Black, Copics, Marvy Matchables, Versamark (*see tip below)

Tools - Spellbinders Classic Circle
Other - Twine by The Twinery, Rhinestones

Tina Tip:  Can't take credit for this, as a friend told me about it, but I will take credit for sharing this tip with you ... if you have a solid clear image and you want to use die ink, stamp first with Versamark and then the die ink, so that it is a good stamped image, no beading up of the ink on the surface. 

I am on my way to a ladies meeting at the church, so look for my sketch share post after lunch.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Jen del Muro said...

Great card, Tina! Thanks for playing SFYTT! Hugs-Jen

 
design by suckmylolly.com