Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I Flip For You!

Hello!  One of the cards I taught in the May class was a Graduation card.  The way the card is folded it so resembles a grad hat.  Today, I am using that same construction but changing it to just a fun, any occasion card.  Let me show you ... enjoy!


The front.  It is held closed by a magnet.

The open view.  With card in pocket.
And to remind you of the grad card from class...


Isn't it fun how you can change the colors, the papers, the theme .... and it becomes such a different card?  I do want to share the pattern of how this card works.  It is super simple.  The base card is 4 1/4" x 9 3/4".  Below is a picture of it showing where to score and where to cut.  Once you do that, just hold it from the back and push the sides in to form the card.  I used a magnet to hold it shut.  And on both cards, I created a pocket to hold either a gift card, money or in the case of the flip, flop card, a sentiment card.  I hadn't plan on adding the pocket for the flip, flop card until I realized that if I didn't, you would see my inside writing.  And I just don't like it when that happens. 
 
Recipe:
Paper - Ta Da Creative Studios (picked this up in a scrapbook store somewhere?, Cardstock White, Orange, Purple
Stamps - Unity Stamp Co.  Watermelon Gazpacho Soup
Ink - Memento Black, Copics

Tools - Spellbinders Circle, Lacey Circle, Petite Scallop Oval, Petite Oval
Other - Rhinestones, Magnets by Basic Grey

I have one more card to show you.  I actually sent the card above after receiving an adorable flip, flop card in the mail from a friend.  Betty takes my classes so that is why I thought it would be fun to change the grad card into a flip, flop card.  And I got to use my flip, flop paper that has been in my stash for months!  Here is her card.  Notice the glitter and the tiny flowers on the flip, flops and of course, the sentiment!  Enjoy!




That is it for me today.  I will have patriotic cards to show you the rest of the week.  See you tomorrow.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com