Monday, October 7, 2013

Coasters for Church Bazaar ... Done!

Hello!  I just want to share a quick post to show you the finished coasters that I made for the church bazaar.  Well, mostly made by myself.  I got a little help from a couple of the church ladies and then I passed them off this last weekend so they could finish adding the cork squares to the bottoms (that I punched out) and tie the ribbons around them (that I picked out from my stash)!  I still not crazy about how so many show wrinkles.  But, I figure it is bound to happen with such thin paper and glue!  Here is a picture so you can see all of them ... enjoy!
 
 
 
 
And here is a close-up of one ... they are much brighter with the Krylon on top!

 
Here is the back of one to show you how I did the cork on the bottom.  Originally, I was going to do solid 4 x 4 inch squares, but when we ended up making so many (15 sets of 4), I decided the squares would have to do. I think it works fine.  They no longer make a noise when you set them down.

 
And here is one with the ribbon tied on ...


Now, to Terry and any others that have had problems of yellowing when they added the Krylon, this is what I used ...
 
No, yellowing!  Woo Hoo!  It says right on the can ..."Permanent protective gloss finish, non-yellowing".  I am thinking maybe they have made the formula better.  One question, does anyone have any thoughts about what price we should put on the sets? 

I am working on some more note card sets.  I'll be back tomorrow or the next day to show you those.


Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com