Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saturday's Sketch Share!

Hello!  I am back today with another share between Debbie and I, but today you get a bonus card from me!  You see, Monday is Debbie's birthday.  In the past, I would do a birthday themed card for my sketch card and call it good.  But, since I have been doing Halloween cards the last few weeks for the shares, I wanted to continue that, and also do a birthday card.  I decided to just do the same sketch, thus giving you an extra look at the same sketch.  So, let's do it.  Here are my two cards, Debbie's card, and the sketch we both used.  Enjoy!

My Card (#1)

My Card (#2)

Debbie's Card

The Sketch
Debbie told me that when she first saw this sketch, she saw the flag, and knew she had to make it work ... and it does!  Great job!  The Halloween card I did is really all about the paper.  The left strip is a 12 x 12 with all these fun owls on it, so I thought it would be perfect to pair up with my Halloween owl set from Darcies.  The other two strips on the card are also from a 12 x 12 and is one of those papers that have a bunch of borders on it.  I rarely get to use these papers, but for this card, it was a perfect fit.  When I was at the store the other day to teach, they had marked down a set of stamps and dies from Sizzix to half price.  It had my name on it ... hee, hee!  And perfect timing for a cute card for Debbie for her birthday!  The cake time sentiment I cut off a larger wood mounted stamp from Endless Creations.  I added the rest of the sentiment to the inside of the card.  It reads "Serving up a birthday filled with wishes and happiness."  Love it!  Hope you like all three cards this week.

I hope to finish up the card sets this weekend, so that I can show you those early next week.  It is a must, as the church bazaar is next Friday!  I will see you tomorrow for the Sunday quote of the day!  I am off today to teach!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com