Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ahoy There!

Sorry I am a little late in posting today's card, but I think you will see, it was worth the wait!  A few weeks ago, I added a couple of items to a friend's mail order to The Cat's Pajamas.  I saw my friend this week, so now I have new stuff in hand!  Woo Hoo!  O.k. so I have stamps, dies, and felt (yes, all from The Cat's Pajamas ... more about that later) in hand but what layout do I want to go with?  I decided to head over to the TCP blog to see if there was any current challenges going on.  Yes!  I found they had a sketch challenge going on.  Perfect!  I liked the layout from the start, but it took playing around with ideas before I came up with my finished card.  I love it!  I hope they do to, when I link it up!  Let me get to my card, the sketch, and the details!  Enjoy!

Don't you love it?  As I mentioned in the first paragraph, The Cat's Pajamas (along with a few other stamp companies) are now making their own dies that can be used with such materials as felt.  I have seen the felt used on the blogs, and I absolutely love the look!  I couldn't wait to try it out for myself.  At the left, you can get a good closeup look at  the felt used with the wave die!  The small flowers on the left side of each square were also cut with the felt using another "cut ups" die from The Cat's Pajamas.

Recipe:

Paper - Imaginisce Splash Dance Line - Stripe and Reverse side with Fish is called Bubble Bash, Polka Dot is called Polka Dot Bikini, Cardstock, Dark Aqua, Light Aqua, Peach, White
Stamps - The Cat's Pajamas (whale with hat, small waves on squares, and Ahoy There)
Ink- Versafine Black
Tools - The Cat's Pajamas Cut Up dies - Wave & Flower Buttons, Cuttlebug Swirl folder
Other - Felt 2 colors, The Cat's Pajamas twine, Star Sticker from Stampendous, Blue Peel-Off marker from Magenta (marker was used to color gold sticker, making it a blue color), Pearl Baubles by Queen & Co.

Let me know what you think ... I love it when you leave me comments!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Alma de la Rosa said...

Definitely worth the wait. Superrrr cute.

 
design by suckmylolly.com