Saturday, September 4, 2010

Something Old, Something New!

Hello!  Earlier in the week, I had promised to have four cards to show you this week!  I am sliding into Saturday with the 4th one!  YEA!  I am very excited about today's card because I am participating in Verve's Project Parade challenge.  For this challenge, you are supposed to use stamps from an older Verve set, with stamps from either one of the newest release sets or a new-to-you set.  I had to go with one older and one new to me stamp. Perfect timing, because these were some that I just got this week.  The flowers are from a set from 2007 (that is definitely older) and I used a plain Jane dated this year.  So, I was all set.  But I had to figure out what my layout would be, what inks, and what papers to use.  I love the finished card.  I hope you do to!  Enjoy ...
  

I want to say that the something old, something new doesn't only apply to the stamps I used, but also the card techniques.  You see, years ago, I didn't use designer paper for the card backgrounds and back then it was not all that unusual for me to emboss images, which I rarely do now. I guess I just need to look at it as an advantage.  I have the knowledge to do old techniques and new ones too!  Which is what makes this card so great!

My Tina Tip is about not being afraid to go with "white" on your card even if your paper has a cream background.  It makes the whole card pop! 

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Home Matstack, Cardstock White, Pink
Stamps - Verve - Fancy Florals, Psalm 3:3 Plain Jane
Ink - Versafine Black, Versamark, JudiKins Opaque White embossing powder, heat gun
Tools - Labels 4 Nestiblities, Sizzix Flowers & Vines #2 (Swirls). Martha Stewart Border Punch
Other - Pink Pearls by Kaiser

Enjoy the Labor Day weekend.  Be sure to check back in on Tuesday for another Texas Tues-Step card.  Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Love those flowers mixed with the verse.

 
design by suckmylolly.com