Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Life is too short for beige!

Hello! I can't wait to show you my card.  So, let me get right to it!  Enjoy!

 

The Inside
I often print out the sketch challenges for the week and then if I feel I need a little challenge to get the mojo going, I will pick one and go for it.  So yesterday, I tried to do that.  I picked out Jen delMuro's sketch for the week and decided the two vertical strips at the top, would be really cool with a Sizzix border die with gemstones in the holes.  But, beyond that I couldn't figure out what stamps I wanted to use to go with this idea.  This morning, before I even got out of bed, my idea formed in my head!  Here is Jen's sketch.
Yes, it is true the sketch is actually a square card, but I saw where a couple of ladies on her team changed it to an A-2 size, so I did too.  That size works so much better for me.  My idea was to use this big 'ole dog and give her a hot pink, gemstoned collar!  It worked!  I believe it actually looks a collar, when in reality I just cut a oval piece and added under the head to "look" like one!  While, I was coloring and working on the dog, I got to thinking about what sentiments would go with my new fancy dog.  And my stamp, I just had to get from Stamping Bella before I closed my store, came to mind.  The only problem was the sentiment wording was too big and way too long to fit in any circle.  So, in the end, I decided to add it to the side of my rectangle piece.  It changes the sketch a little, but not too much.  I wasn't sure if I liked the line where it butts up, so I ended up adding one photo corner on the right bottom corner to draw your eye.  I decided to go ahead and use the "No bones about it..." sentiment to begin the sentence.  And adding a little bone tied with hot pink ribbon, with a gemstone pulls it all together.  This is absolutly one of my favorite cards.  How about you... what do you think?

Recipe:  

Paper - The Paper Studio Poteeka Souffle Paper Pad, Cardstock Natural White, Brown
Stamps - Dog, Bone, & No Bones Sentiment by Inky Antics Delightful Dogs #2 Clear Set, Life sentiment by Stamping Bella, Even for Dogs! was created with Hero Arts alphabet indiv. letters, Wonderful Day stamp by Printworks
Ink - Versafine Vintage Sepia, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Labels 5 edge for Life sentiment, Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle, Classic Heart Nestiblities, Sizzix Die Dots, EK Success Photo Corner Punch, Cuttlebug dots embossing folder (on pink strips)
Other - Ribbon by Creative Impressions, All sizes Crystal Gemstones by Hero Arts

See you tomorrow!  Happy Stamping!
Tina 

1 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

Super cute! Love the bling on the dog's collar!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com