Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hey There Sunshine!

 Hello!  Today's card is made for my participation in Mojo Monday's sketch challenge.  Sketch challenges are popping up on so many blogs, but I still find the sketches from Mojo Monday to be among my favorites.  This particular week is a week when you have a choice to go with a round card or a square one.  Julee (owner of Verve and her blog Poetic Artistry) gave her instructions on the way she creates her round card out of the largest scalloped nestiblities die.  Her way is way more simpler than the way I have done it in the past.  So, I had to give it a whirl.  Easy Peasy!  (I have been wanted to say those words!)  Let me show you my card and the sketch and then I will pass on to you the easy instructions.  Enjoy!


Before I get to the instruction, I want to say that making this circle card reminded me of doing ATC's because you are using the same elements as you are on a larger card, but in a smaller size.  It was a little bit of a challenge but fun.  I have been wanting to combine my sun die from My Favorite Things with the Verve sentiment 'hey there, sunshine".  I thought this would be the perfect time!  I absolutely love how my card came out!  In the past, when I made these scalloped shaped cards, I would have to run the folded piece of cardstock through the die cut machine and then cut out a third piece to layer on to the front so that you don't see the fold at the top.  Here is the easier way ... Just diecut two individual circles.  On the one that will be the back one, score a straight line between the top 3 scallops.  She says to apply some type of strong glue above the score line, so it won't come apart.  I used three small pieces of red liner tape.  You then just align the scallops on the two pieces and stick them together.  Easy Peasy ... there are those words again!

Recipe:

Paper - Cloud Paper by Doodlebug Design, Stripes by My Minds Eye Kaleidoscope Paper Pad, Yellow card and sun by Bo Bunny.
Stamps - Sentiment by Verve
Ink - Versafine Majestic Blue
Tools - Sun Die by My Favorite Things, Classic Scalloped Circle & Classic Circle Nestiblites
Other - Ribbon by Creative Impressions, Pearls by Queen & Co.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty. Love the sun! :o)

Lynda Benden said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely DARLING!

 
design by suckmylolly.com