Thursday, September 23, 2010

Birthday Wishes!

Hello!  I hope you like today's card.  On my first order from Verve a while back, I got this one stamp I had not used yet.  It is a small rectangle with a flower and the Birthday wishes sentiment.  On previous occasions, because of it being so small, I wasn't sure how to use it.  But this time, I was gonna come up with a card idea using it.  I ended up using the Labels 4 dies to "showcase" it.  I really like how it turned out.  Let me show you the card and then I have to tell you about my coloring on the flower.  Enjoy!


The coloring part is what I call a "happy mistake".  Here is how my process went.  I stamped the stamp onto the white cardstock, but then before I colored it, I had another idea.  I went and got some acetate and stamped it on there.  (Had to use Staz-On for this) Anyway, my idea was to get out one of my plastic palettes, this one actually has tiny squares.  In one of the squares I added a drop of Diamond Glaze and a drop of a reinker, stirred it up and started to paint on the acetate.  It gives a stained glass look.  But before I even finished with the first color on the acetate, with my paintbrush loaded, just for the heck of it, I decide to also dab a little on the white cardstock too.  Guess what?  I decided for my card today, I like the look on the cardstock, better than the acetate!  I added the second reinker to another drop of Glaze and did the highlights with the lime green.  In real life, looking closely, it has a dimension. I guess because of the glaze that was mixed in.  What do you think ... do you like how my card turned out?

Recipe: (and additional info)

Paper - My Minds Eye Kaleidoscope (large pad purchased at Ross), Cardstock White, Blue, Lime Green
Stamps - Birthday Wishes Rectangle by Verve, From Me to You by Hero Arts
Ink - Versafine Black, Diamond Glaze by JudiKins (Glossy Accents by Ranger could be substituted here - I have both but since I learned the acetate/diamond glaze technique from JudiKins, I figure I should use their product!), Reinkers were Adirondack Name that Blue (there is another name now because I got it before they named that blue - but have no idea what it is - sorry), Lime was a Brilliance Key Lime (this being a pigment ink, acted a little different than the blue die ink.  It also wasn't as transparent as the blue.  Maybe that is how I was able to add a little of the green on top of the blue in certain areas), Tombow #138 to ink outside rectangle and outside edge on both images.
Tools - Classic Scalloped, Classic Circle, Labels 4 Nestibilities, Martha Stewart Floral Band Border Punch
Other - Flower Rhinestones by Hero Arts, Heart shaped Button, Linen Thread by The Cat's Pajamas, Silver dots from Stampendous (these were left on a sheet after the border stickers were pulled off - I guess it is good I kept this, because these silver dots are just what this card needed!)

I hope to get back to my room today so I will be able to show you one more for the this week.  If for some reason it doesn't work out, then have a great weekend and I will see you on Monday!


Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love the multitonal colours and I can imagine the shine and dimension! Beautiful results for your happy mistake!

 
design by suckmylolly.com