Thursday, September 30, 2010

Friends are Special Treasures!

Hello!  Today's card was made last weekend but I couldn't show it until my friend who I made it for received it in her mailbox!  That has happened so I can share it with you now.  The layout I used, I actually saw on a square card but I very rarely make square cards, so I basically used the same layout on an A-2 size.  And I really like how it came out.  Let me say a little about square cards.  I see them all the time on the blogs and I do like how they look, but I stay away from them for a couple of reasons.  For one, I don't have an abundance of square envelopes and you do have to pay more to send them (which is ridiculous ... but we won't get me started on that!).  Anyway, most of the time if I can make a card work into an A-2 size, I do.  Here is my friend's birthday card.  Enjoy!
   

Once I figured out about the layout, I looked for five papers that would coordinate together and I found just what I was looking for in one of the matstacks.  I used my latest Verve stamp set to create the flowers.  Pretty, huh?

Recipe:

Paper - Die Cuts with a View Flower Shower Spring Matstack, Cardstock White, Purple, Green
Stamps - Verve Fancy Florals Remixed, Sentiment by Penny Black
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Classic Scalloped Circle & Classic Circle Nestiblities, Stampin' Up Scalloped Border Punch
Other - Purple Pearls by Queen & Co.

Change is a coming...tune in tomorrow!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com