Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Texas Howdy!

Welcome to another Texas Tues-Step day!  Last week I saw a sketch on one of the blogs that had three squares across the card and it made me think of the little Texas square that I purchased at the scrapbook convention.  So, off to the local scrapbook store I went to see if I could find any papers that I thought would work ... yes, I know what you are thinking ... how about all the papers I already own?  Well, you also know how it is.  If you can have an excuse to buy something new, well ... you must take advantage of this opportunity!  I found some new western themed papers that I thought wood work perfectly.  Let's see what you think ... enjoy!


On my card, there is alot of DP.  Designer Paper, that is.  Which leads me to a quick unrelated story.  Up until a couple of months ago, I was calling this type of paper scrapbook paper.  And then someone commented that they like the DP I used.  And I did not know what DP was.  I had to call a friend to find out!  So, thinking I was the only one that was calling it scrapbook paper, I changed and started saying DP instead.  Then last weekend, one of my stamping friends, asked me what DP was?  Hey, I guess that means I wasn't the only one out there that didn't know what DP was!  Whatever you call the pre printed paper out there, I love it and really enjoy it!   

Back to today's Texas Tues-Step.  Don't forget to go to the list on the right side of my blog.  Clicking on the team's names, links you to their blogs so you can see their Texas creations!

Recipe:
Paper - Creative Imaginations Samantha Walker Line 3 different papers, Cardstock Kraft (finally got some of this), Dark Brown
Stamps - Texas Square by Deadbeat Designs, Howdy by River City Rubber Works
Ink - Versafine Vintage Sepia
Tools - EK Success Scallop Border Punch, EK Success Corner Punch, Stampin' Up Oval Punch
Other - Pink & White Tiny Flower Rhinestones by Heidi Swapp

Thanks for stopping by.  I would love to hear your comments about my Texas card for today.  See you tomorrow!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

3 comments:

Betty J Schaub said...

Hey Tina! I love your card. The little Texas stamp is perfect for a 1, 2 or even 3 square card! And I love your DP!
Just last week someone asked me what dp was. So no, you are not alone! :O)

Jennifer Moore said...

Your card turned out super cute. I would have thought of those colors and Texas in the same sentence, but I love it.

Karen Maloney said...

Love it, love it, love it! The DP looks wonderful. By the way, thanks for explaining what DP is. I'm another who had no clue til I read your post.

 
design by suckmylolly.com