Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Viva Margarita!

Recently looking through my drawers of wood mounted stamps, I came across a few with a "margarita" theme. Some were sentiments and several were different sizes of margarita images. I got to thinking of what I could have holding a margarita glass and of course, the Cat's Pajamas bear came to mind! I have used this stamp for several different occasions so I decided a summer margarita theme was a must! Let me show you my card ... enjoy!

Came out pretty cute, huh? This background paper I found with the limes and strawberries was perfect! You can't tell it but I did add a little glitter to the top of the glass for salt and glossy accents to the glass to give the look of a beverage inside. Oh, remember all the wood mounted margarita stamps I told you I found? The little margarita he is holding is not one of those but one from a clear set instead! When I got to working with him, I found that all my margarita glasses were too large for him! Guess I'll have to do another card with them, soon!

Before I get to the recipe, I have to tell you a stamping story from the past. If you have been stamping a long time, like me, you know that when they first started having stamp conventions, we would spend days before the show making pins to trade at the show. This would have been before say 2005. Anyway, one of my favorite pins I ever made was of a margarita glass. This particular stamp from JudiKins was about 2 1/2" tall. To make pins, the correct way (I don't know why we thought this was the "correct" way, but we did) was to stamp and color your image and to then laminate the whole thing and then cut it out. I think we used laminating sheets for this process. The year I did the margarita pins, I added Diamond Glaze (same product as Glossy Accents) on top of the laminate. I remember I had to lay these really flat to dry because the glaze would just slide right off since I was putting it on laminate. I think I also added some kind of very chunky glitter to top of glass. They were a lot of work, but a success!
Too fun ... those were the days!

Recipe:

Paper - Lime and Margarita paper by K & Co. called Citronella Strawberry Limeade, Green glitter dot by Best Creation Inc. Red Dot by Bo Bunny, Cardstock White
Stamps - Bear by The Cat's Pajamas, Viva Margarita by Deadbeat Designs, Margarita glass by Stampendous (clear summer set)
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Tombow #133 to fill in letter of sentiment
Tools - Classic Scalloped Oval and Classic Oval Nestibilities
Other - Flowers by Prima, Pearls by Hero Arts, Glossy Accents, Quicky glue pen, Art Institute Crystal Glitter

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com