Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sunny Side Up!

Hello!  Well, this is the third week in a row, that my posts have been so sporadic.  I just can't seem to get it together.  When I do get time to stamp, I feel like I am in a rush, which dosen't help the "mojo"!  Nevertheless, I do have a card for you today!  I know it is September and really I should be making cards with fall themes, but I found on my desk several stamps I had laid out a while back that I wanted to use for summer cards.  So, give me a couple more weeks or at least through the next week to get my summer cards completed and I promise to give you some fall themed cards.  The stamps I used today I have wanted to ink up forever.  I have looked at the stamp before but thought ... oh my, a lot of coloring, and so it didn't get used.  But today when I made the pact to get those summer cards completed, I knew I had to stamp this little chick and color away.  Ready to see?  Enjoy!

And the sun?  It is a new die I got from My Favorite Things.  I couldn't resist buying it thinking of all the stamps I have that say something about sunshine, including today's stamps.  I guess it is good that I hadn't stamped these stamps before now, because the sun really adds to the whole feel of the card!  I love how it turned out, don't you?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye (Large 12 x12 pad called Kaleidoscope, text weight sheets in patterns and solids ... purchased at Ross), Cardstock White, Purple
Stamps - Inky Antics (wood-mounted)
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Classic Scalloped Circle and Classic Circle Nestiblities, My Favorite Things Die-Namics Sun
Other - Lavender Rhinestones by Hero Arts

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is September, but the calendar says it is still summer for another week or so. And the temperature here in north Texas will most likely feel like summer until at least sometime in October. So stamp away on your "summer" cards. By the way, I love the chicken!

Cathy G.

 
design by suckmylolly.com