Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Stars at Night ...

Welcome to another addition of Texas Tues-Step.  If you are a Texan, you have already finished the title with the correct words!  I decided to do a card that is a little different from my norm.  I made a swing card, which is also sometimes called a flip flop card.  I got the instructions from the tutorial resource section on Splitcoast Stampers site and you can go here for the complete instructions. The card pretty much came out how I saw it my head.  I think it is the first card in a very long time that I haven't used any designer paper on, but for this card, I need to go back to basics.  And by basics I mean just some good old fashioned stamping!  I have a few pics that I hope will show you my card.  Enjoy!
Front Panel Closed Version

Complete Front Panel

Inside Panel Flipped Open
Recipe:

Paper - Cardstock Navy, White
Stamps - Texas Sentiments by Deadbeat Designs, Tiny Dot Pattern by Printworks, Tiny Star by Hero Arts, Stars on front panel by Art Impressions
Ink - Staz-On White, Versafine Majestic Blue
Tools - Classic Heart Nestiblities 2 sizes, Texas shaped punch by Punch Bunch
Other - Navy Blue Pearls by Queen & Co.
I am not sure which Texas team members are participating today, but you can get to their blogs by clicking on their names from the list on the right side of my blog. Note, there is a new participant.  Her name is Stephanie.  Be sure to check out her blog!
We had family here over the weekend, so I didn't get the opportunity to hang out in my stamp shack, hopefully I can soon and will then be able to show you more creations. 


Happy Stamping!
Tina

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really fantastic. I love the idea of the swing card. I've never seen one before. Can't wait to get my hands on some of those cool Texas Deadbeat Designs Texas stamps. Have a great day! :)

mark said...

great idea - didn't realize you were such a swinger!

Karen M said...

Great card! I love the concept. And the sentiment and stars are perfect together. Love it!

Jennifer Moore said...

Your card is really cool Tina. I like it a lot.

 
design by suckmylolly.com