Sunday, December 12, 2010

DeNami Gift Tag Blog Hop!

DeNami December Blog Hop


Hello!  Today I am participating in another DeNami blog hop.  This time gift tags are the theme ... so fun!  Welcome to all the "hoppers"!  If you came from  the blog of Michele Gross, you are on the right track!  If you want to start from the beginning or if you get lost along the way, click on the Blog Hop Badge above and it will take you back to home base.  Now, let me get to my gift tag and my card!  Yes, I know the theme is gift tags, not cards.  But, right now I am in a major push to complete my Christmas cards so I decided if I could combine my gift tag with a card, I could add it to my stack that will be sent out.  And, I might give you some ideas too!  I will show you the tag first and then my card with the tag enclosed!  Enjoy!

 


What do you think?  For the tag, I left the sentiment off when I stamped it because I really wanted to highlight the image.  In it's place, I added a line of pink rhinestones and the strip of pattern paper.  You can't really see it in person, but I really glitzed it up with crystal glitter!  One more note about the tag. For the ribbon tab I used a nestibilities die folded over and then punched my hole through it to put my ribbon through.  Since the ribbon was pretty wide, I pulled only one piece through and tied a piece of linen thread around it.  And the card ... well, I love how it came out!  I simply made a pocket to store my gift tag in. I did however, have to go with a larger size card that an A-2 since the stamped tag is pretty large.  My finished card size is approx. 4 x 6.  I created the opening by creating  an oval piece with nestibilities. Don't you love the pink and red combo?  Merry and bright, perfect for Christmas!

Recipe:

Paper - Reminisce called Yum Yum, Cardstock White, Pink, Red
Stamps - DeNami Design (Sweet Christmas Chickies & Trifles Sweet Sayings)
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Labels 6 (for tab), Big Scalloped Oval & Classic Oval (for pocket opening), Classic Scalloped Circle & Classic Circle (for sentiment) Nestiblities, Sizzix Basic Grey embossing folder called Peppermint Twist (how appropriate!), Quicky Glue Pen, Art Institute Crystal Glitter
Other - Ribbon by Unknown, Pink Rhinestones by ZVA, The Cat's Pajamas Linen Thread

Don't forget there are gift certificates that YOU can win!  All you have to do it leave comments on the blogs along the way and your name might be randomly drawn!  How easy and fun is that?  You have until Monday night at 11:59 PST to leave your comments on each of the blogs.

Now let's get you on your way.  You next stop is Vera Yates.  Thanks for visiting.  I hope you liked what you saw and will come back to visit real soon!

I will be back tomorrow with another Christmas card creation.

Happy Stamping!
Tina
 

48 comments:

Paulina said...

This tag is super fun, Tina! I love the colors and all the added rhinestones!

Karen McAlpine said...

I do love the red and pink! Darling tag and card. Love how you made the pocket!

Christine Pennington said...

Love it!!

stefeni said...

How fun! Cute idea, a card tag :)

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Michele Gross said...

Oh this is darling!! You have soooo many fabulous elements in this project!! Love the idea of the tag built into the card and the "envelope" that holds it is really special too. Awesome job :D

Debbi said...

What a cute tag/card! I love the sentiment.
*smiles*
debbi

Unknown said...

Great idea to get your card done at the same time, fun project!

Tanya said...

this is so cute! maybe the tag can even double as a bookmark? Love that ribbon, thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

So cute! Really like the concept of incorporating the tag into a card.

Laurel Beard said...

Cute, cute tags.....

Chris' Creations said...

I absolutely love the colors in this tag! Great job!

Kristy Smith said...

Oh my goodness I love those Chickies! =D Your tag is absolutely adorable!

Isha Gupta said...

Perfect 2 in 1....love it. TFS.

Jinny Newlin said...

So fun! I just love that peppermint paper!

Adirondack Annie said...

Just love those adorable little Denami Chicks! Pretty color combo! This is an awesome card/tag! Thanks so much for sharing your talents w/ us!

Barb Craft said...

This is darling! I love the pink and the bling!
Barb :)

Kim said...

Love the chickies!!! And the gingerbread house...so cute!!

judkajudi said...

Love your work!!

Ayana Posadas said...

Tina, your tag AND your card are too cute! I love those fun chickies. :)

Anita Rex said...

Such a happy tag and card! I really like the pink and red!

Karen B. said...

Oh your colors are way too much fun! Great details too.

Amy Schumacher said...

These are simply "yummy." The bright, candy colors tickle my sweet tooth! Great job & Happy Holidays!

Ginny Larsen said...

so many yummy colors--i love how you coordinated everything, and that stamp is awesome!

Teresa Kline said...

very cute...great tag!

enjoy *~*

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute tag!!

Lynn said...

Those little chicks are so dang cute! And that candy paper is totally festive! TFS!!

Heidi said...

How creative to combine the two - I love them both! I especially like the little chickies :).

Beverly Montez said...

these are sweet!

Pam said...

Great colors! So cute!

Jen W. said...

Love the Nestabilities idea on the tag. Very clever!

Tabitha said...

Love the peppermint paper you used. Great colors. Super adorable. Thanks for sharing, now hopping along...

Lillian Child said...

I simply adore your tag creations!


http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

~Tammy~ said...

Great idea and I love the fun colors!

Unknown said...

A very clever way to do a tag! I like it.

Kelly Latevola said...

Gorgeous tag/card combo. I love the way you folded over the nestie to add a decorative edge to the ribbon tab!

Alina said...

so so cute! Love your creation!

Mallika said...

loved de colors !

Laraine R said...

Very cute tag/card combo!! Love the colors!!

Sheryl said...

Love this stamp, and lookie how that paper is so perfect! tfs

Kimberly said...

Super Cute! Love the stamp!

Cathy G. said...

If all of the tags in this blog hop were lined up at once, I would know that if it has bling, it must be one of yours! Love it!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

So cute and I love your fun bright colours!

Linda said...

A great idea! The paper is really cute to go along with the adorable chicks!

Brelan said...

Great idea. Love the colors and the chicks.

Lisa Petrella said...

I LOVE this chickie scene with all of those yummy, brightly colored treats!! Great work!

Suzy said...

Very pretty! love how the tag pulls out. Happy Holidays!
~Suzanne SuzyQ28024@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Very cool using the tag as part of your card! The pocket is great! And such wonderful bright colors, too!

TammyGtaz said...

How clever!! Very pretty.

 
design by suckmylolly.com