Friday, December 3, 2010

Oh Christmas Trees!

Hello!  I finished making the additional cards from my last post.  But, was unsure of what I wanted to make next.  I have seen several ideas on how to make Christmas trees using only paper, no stamps.  I decided that I should take a day off from my "12" Christmas card designs, and show you these ideas!  Now, I made each idea into a card, so that is three more cards I will have to send.  We had better get to it since I have three tree creations to share today!

A couple of weeks ago, when I was at WalMart, I walked down the Hallmark aisle and a card caught my eye.  I took out my phone and took a picture, thinking that I could make that!  Here is my card first, and then the picture I took of the Hallmark card.  
   

Their card is plainer than mine.  But the trees are very similar, however I do see now that my tree is fatter than theirs.  But, so what?  As, no two trees are alike, right?  I don't know how they made theirs, but for mine, all I did was die-cut the largest Classic Scalloped Circle Nestiblities and trim to make each layer.  I got two layers out of each die cut.  Before assembling the tree, I punched holes in the scallops to add some interest.  And then I used some silver baubles for decoration.  For all my cards today, I made the tree trunk by using the Stampin' Up word punch.  So simple!

My next card I saw on this site.  I printed out her pattern for a 5 1/4" diameter circle.  Once I traced the circle onto my paper, I cut it out and cut it in half and then I layered her paper over mine to make the score lines.  Again, very easy!  It makes a great tree!  Here is my card ...
And last but not least, here is another idea to make a great Christmas tree.  A friend showed me this idea.  Enjoy ...

To make this one, I cut a piece of cardstock into a 4 X 4 inch square.  I glued strips of paper onto the square in different widths.  I then die-cut with a classic circle nestiblities.  Next I cut the circle in half and layered one half onto the other to form tree!  I added bright red sticker nailheads to embellish the tree.  That's it!

Recipe Card #1 and  #2-
Paper - Bo Bunny Winter Joy BRRRR and Winter Joy Bundled, Cardstock White, Silver, Brown
Stamps - 'Tis the Season by Hero Arts
Tools Card #1 - Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circles Nestibilities, EK Success Corner Punch, Stampin'Up Word Punch, Marvy Star Punch, Mc Gill 1/8" circle punch
Tools Card #2 - Sizzix Large Scallop Border Die, Polka Dots embossing folder, Ek Success Corner Punch, Classic Circles Nestibilities, Stampin' Up Word Punch, Marvy Star Punch
Other - Ribbon, Silver baubles

Recipe Card #3 -
Paper - Die Cuts with a View Holiday Pack, Cardstock Red, Green
Stamps - Merry Christmas by AMuse
Tools - Classic Circle & Labels 8 Nestibilites, Marvy Star Punch
Other - Ribbon, Button, Linen Thread by The Cat's Pajamas, Red Nailheads

I hope you enjoyed the tree ideas and cards I had for you today.  All three were easy peasy!  (I just love that saying!)

Happy Stamping!
Tina  

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com