Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Life is a Patchwork Card Set!

Hello!  Earlier in the month, I told you I made a gift for a friend but I couldn't share it until after I gave it to her.  Well, I gave it to her yesterday.  And, she loved it! My friend used to be a rubber stamper but gave it up for her love of quilting.  A few months ago, I was with her when we went to a quilt shop.  Among her purchases that day were some note cards (not homemade).  Right then and there I knew what I wanted to make her for Christmas.  And of course, I had to make her a box to store the cards in.  So, this is the result.  Enjoy!
 

The Box

Close Up View of The Box










As you can see, all the cards are alike except for the fact that different colors of papers were used to create the "quilts".  The box is made with the same measurements as I made for a previous gift and you can see the instructions in the post here.  Let me just comment on a few details on the box.  I created the store front panel and then attached it to the front of the box.  The yarn in the basket, the fabric bolts, the door, the notions sign, the bench, and the Nimble Thimble sign are all stamps from Art Impressions.  The trees and the basket were from Plaid and the grass is a die from My Favorite Things.  Also note, I used Tim Holtz brick embossing folder to create the brick store front.  I created the awning by just scoring the lid. And then I added two BasicGrey magnets so that the box stays closed.  The cards were super easy to make.  I used a 1" punch from EK Success to punch out coordinating colors of papers.  I taped the squares to cardstock and then created the shape with the Stampin' Up Top Note die (borrowed this, but I like it so I might need to order this one).  The reason why I went with this particular die is because it automatically cuts out a line around the outer edge which give the impression of being sewed.  I then ran the panel through a Cuttlebug embossing folder which looks like a quilt design. (not sure of the name, but I can research it, if you are interested).  I finished it off with the Stampin' Up border punch and small pearls.  All in all, I am really proud of this gift.  I hope you enjoyed my sharing of this project with you.

Tomorrow I plan to show you a little treat basket idea.  See you then!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com