Tuesday, December 7, 2010

From Our House to Yours!

Hello!  Today is Texas Tues-Step creation day!  And I am late!  But I think you will like what I did, making it worth the wait!  As you know, I am trying to finish one set of 5 cards before moving on to the next creation.  So, last night I was trying to finish up the "ho, ho, ho" card first.  But, when I stopped to work on my Texas card, I just didn't like anything I tried.  Back to it this morning, and now I love my result!  I actually have two cards to show you.  One is for my Texas creation, and the other is the one I will be making my additional cards of.  I am sure the Texas one will get sent too!  So, let me show you both.  My Texas card is first...enjoy! 
 


What do you think?  Don't you love the vintage look?  I made the second ornament one first, and originally had turquoise dot spaklers, but then when I went to do the Texas one, I went with red sparklers. I liked the red so much that I peeled off all the turquoise ones and added red instead.  Makes it all pop!  Also note, I tried stamping the ornaments in red, but decided it needed the stronger green color.  In the Texas card, the holly swirl image was stamped onto the inked Texas stamp before applying to paper.

Recipe:

Paper- Ornaments by BasicGrey Jovial 6 x6 pad, Dots by BoBunny Tis the Season Treasure, Cardstock Red, Natural White
Stamps - Texas by Deadbeat Designs, Holly swirl by A Stamp in the Hand, Sentiment Ornament by My Sentiments Exactly, 2 Ornaments on card #2 by My Minds Eye I Believe Set, From Our House to Yours sentiment by Verve
Ink - Versafine Olympia Green, Red Tombow (stripes card #2)
Tools - Classic Circle Nestibilites (for Texas), Stampin' Up Border Punch
Other - Brown Ribbon by DeNami Designs, Red Dot Sparklers by Stampendous

Don't forget to look on my blog's sidebar and click on the links to take you to the other team members Texas creaions!

I have one more unrelated item to share with you.  Did you see yesterday's post about the Tinsel being pink?  Well, yesterday my hubby and I went to Tyler to do a little Christmas shopping and I went to Michael's and found there is more than one jar of Martha Stewart's tinsel glitter.  I got the jar that is more white and this is the result on my little Santa ...
  
Much better, don't you think?
That is it for me today.  Will be back with the next creation as soon as I finish my additional cards!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

4 comments:

ellepaulette said...

What fantastic Vintage Christmas cards! they are lovely!

mark said...

nice - you must have a huge stash of paper!

Jennifer Moore said...

Love the Texas ornament card. That is so awesome.

Libby Hickson said...

Love these - your Texas ornaments are wonderful! And now I *need* some of that tinsel glitter - so cool!

 
design by suckmylolly.com