Monday, December 6, 2010

Ho! Ho! Ho!

 I have been a busy little bee in my stamp room!  I spent most of the weekend on making a gift for a friend, which you will see, but after it's given, just in case she sees my blog.  I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.  I also made my next Christmas card and that is what I will be showing you today. So, my card is ready to show you, and I find myself frowning at it.  A friend and I saw on Jen delMuro's blog where she used some tinsel by Martha Stewart over Stickles to create the furry part on winter caps.  My friend picked up a jar of this for us at Michael's.  But, when I used it, it came out pink instead of white and now looking at my card, I am not sure I like my little Santa's cap with pink in it.  I may have to change this part before I make all my five.  Let me show you my card and the close-up of the tinsel so you can give me your thoughts.  Here ... 

Can you see the pink?  It doesn't show up as much on here as it does in person!  The layout of the card I do love.  But, I went around and around trying to figure out what color cardstock to have behind my Santa.  You would laugh if you saw how many greens I tried!  And of course, I couldn't tell for sure if I liked them or not without die-cutting them and embossing them, so that wasted a lot of time.  In the end, I went with a solid green printed with glitter that was in the same pad that the other paper came from.  I should have tried that one first!  Oh, one more interesting thing on this card, is an idea I saw on one of the blogs.  Do you see the diagonal stripe at the bottom of this card?  This paper is actually a straight up and down stripe! I cut the paper so that it looks diagonal!  I did waste some paper doing this, so keep that in mind!  I got a bunch of new Sizzix embossing folders and the holly behind Santa is one of those.  Love it! 

Recipe:
Paper - My Minds Eye 12 x12 pad called Countdown to Christmas, Cardstock Red, White
Stamps - Santa is from a old Recollections set I got at Michaels (I say old because Michaels closed their Recollections stores, but it is new to me!), Ho, Ho, Ho by Stampendous
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Copic YR000 (i think) for his face. (I was having a lot of trouble making faces look good, so I asked a friend to pick me one of the copic colors that would work for faces ... love the result).
Tools - Classic Circle & Classic Oval Nestibilities, Sizzix BasicGrey embossing folder called Snow Globe (why they call Holly this, I am not sure!), Sizzix Scallops Giant die
Other - Martha Stewart Tinsel, Diamond Stickles, Quicky Glue Pen, Art Institute Crystal Glitter, Ribbon, Rhinestones

That is it for the day.  Let me hear your thoughts about my Santa's pink tinsel.  Should I change this part or go with it?  I have four more to make and as you can see several steps before I get to the tinsel part. 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com