Thursday, December 16, 2010

Peace and Happiness!

As the saying goes ... "It is not over until the fat lady sings" or since it is Christmas, I could change the saying to until Santa says unto all a good night!  The point is I THOUGHT I was done with my Christmas cards.  I knew I was going to be trimming last year's list to get it to the this year's amount and then earlier in the week, when I said I was done, I thought I could trim some more.  But, I worked on my list this afternoon and of course, there are names I don't want to trim. So, this created a dilemma.  What's a girl to do?  Yes, you know where this is going ... I made another card and made 6 additional ones like it.  This should take me to this year's trimmed list.  I originally was going to make more of the wisemen card, but I made so many already, I really wanted to do something else.  I still have two or three ideas for cards that are more for winter than for Christmas.  Earlier in the week, I decided to wait and do those cards in January.  I really didn't want to change that thinking.  A friend of mine had recently shared how her friend, had brayered red over cardstock embossed with the poinsettia folder.  I thought that would be pretty.  But, a brayer has never been my friend.  So, I decided to try a little direct to paper method (with an ink pad) and it worked!  That is how this card began ... let me show you ... enjoy!



I like how the card turned out.  It is actually not my original idea, but I didn't like the first idea, so I went to my pages of ideas from blogs and saw this layout and got to it!  I love it!  Now, I am DONE!  REALLY!

Recipe:
Paper - Cardstock White, Red, Silver Shimmer
Stamps - Poinsettia by Verve, Sentiment by Hero Arts
Ink - Marvy Matchable Cherry, Versamark, JudiKins Silver Embossing Powder
Tools - Classic Oval, Classic Scalloped, Classic Circle Nestibilities, Martha Stewart border punch, Sizzix BasicGrey embossing folder Sugar
Other - White ribbon from Wal-Mart, Red & White from AMuse, Rhinestones from Hero Arts

I still have the treat box to show you ... tomorrow... ? 
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com