Thursday, December 30, 2010

Skatin' by to say..."thanks"!

Hello!  I wasn't sure if I was going to get the chance to show you any card creations this week, but I am happy to tell you, I do have a couple for you today.  The stamps I used for today's creations are ones that I got back in October when a friend and I went to Stamp Salado on a road trip.  When they were first purchsed, I thought I would use them for one of my Christmas cards.  But when I didn't get to, I decided that anytime in the winter would work, as they are more wintery than Christmasy.  Ice skating must be "in", as there are several companies that I have seen that have created different animals skating.  I, who lives in Texas, well ... we don't do much of that!  But that dosen't mean I don't think stamps of animals, and in this case, a racoon skating is not cute.  It was cute enough for me to buy it at the stamp store and take it home!  Let me show you my card, and then I have a how-to about it.  Enjoy!

I had an idea about how it would be fun to do a reverse of him, making it look like a reflection.  My first thought was using a brayer but as I have said before the brayer is not my friend.  I decided to look at some tutorials about how to do this and see if there are ways without using a brayer.  There is!  And it work perfectly!  All I did was stamp the image on a piece of acetate and lay it onto the cardstock where I wanted the upside down image to be and rub it with my fingernail.  Whe I lifted the acetate, there was the lighter stamped image!  I then added my colored pencils lightly to the upside down image.  The only thing is, looking at it now, I think I should have added more light blue, the water color, around the whole upside down image.  Oh well.  

I made one more card using the same stamps.  So here is that one ... enjoy!
 

It is always fun to see the same stamps in different looks.  I had a purpose.  You see I made both of these cards for Christmas thank you cards and one was going to my stepdaughter and her guy and one to my stepgranddaughter.  I wanted hers to look more girly, so that is how I ended up making two cards and in different colors.  Both are pretty cute, I think. Oh by the way, the sentiment stamp, actually reads Skatin' by to say... Hi!  But, since I was making thank you cards, I did not stamp the Hi, and stamped thanks in it's place.


Recipe Card #1:
Paper - Plaid is backside of My Minds Eye Jusy Dreamy 2, Swirl pattern is My Minds Eye Countdown to Christmas pad, Cardstock White, Teal, Acetate (as tool, see above)
Stamps - Raccoon and Just Skatin' sentiment by Stampendous, Thanks by Studio G $1 stamp
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Classic Circle Nestibilities, Marvy Corner Rounder
Other - Quicky Glue Pen, Art Institute Crystal Glitter, Teal Pearls by Queen & Co.
 

Recipe Card #2:
Paper - Snowflake print unknown (scrap), Cardstock White, Green, Pink Shimmer
Stamps - Stampendous/ Studio G
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Classic Scalloped and Classic Circle Nestibilities, Polka Dot embossing folder, EK Success Victorian Corner Rounder punch, Marvy Corner Rounder punch
Other - Quicky Glue Pen, Art Institute Crystal Glitter, Green Rhinestones by Queen & Co.


 I will be back tomorrow with my top 10 favorite cards of 2010.  I have to tell you though I am having a really hard time narrowing it down to just 10!  WIsh me luck and I'll see you tomorrow!

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Chipchick said...

Thanks for sharing the idea about the reflection using the acetate!!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com