Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Gift Card Card!

Hello!  Does my title look like a typo?  Well, it is not.  I made a card to hold a couple of gift cards for my hubby.  You see, every Christmas, I like to purchase gift cards to the restaurants we like.  I always make some kind of holder to put them in.  You can see last year's idea here.  It really becomes a gift for not only him but me too!  This year, with our money only coming from his pension, we purchased only a couple of cards from the restaurants that had the deals.  You've seen them ... buy a gift card for $25 and get one for $10.  Too good to pass up, if they are places you know you will be going to.  So, even though he knows he is getting them, I still wanted to made something to give them in.  Today's card is the result.  The idea came from the resource section on Splitcoast Stampers.  It is called the diagonal double pocket card and the easy instructions can be found here.  I did do the variation so that my card would open like a regular card.  Here is the one I made ... enjoy!  



Green is my hubby's favorite color so I knew that I wanted to find paper that was two-sided and green.  I thought this sparkle dot paper from Best Creation would be perfect.  I love the way it came out.  That little reindeer is a hoot!  Let me give you a close up of the gift card holder inserts ...


Do you think that looks like a Labels 4 nestiblities?  You would be right.  I put just a very thin strip of red liner tape on each side and at the bottom and taped two together. The cards fit inside perfectly.  The next smaller size die was cut out of the DP for accent and the bow was added mainly for an accent when they are in the pockets.  The card idea is not really for gift cards, but I think it worked great!    Whatcha think?

Recipe:
Paper - Best Creation, Inc., Cardstock White
Stamps - Hero Arts
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Classic Scalloped Circles, Classic Circles, Labels 4 Nestibilities
Other - Green Rhinestones by Hero Arts

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!  Growing up, Christmas Eve was just as much about Christmas as the actual day, because we would go to my aunt's where my mom and her five sisters would make the big meal on Christmas Eve and presents were opened!  And then on Christmas Day, Santa came and then we were back to my aunt's for the leftovers.  I will always have those wonderful memories but now days things are a little different.  On Christmas Eve, my hubby and I will be seeing my mom at the nursing home.  We will also be visiting friends and hopefully going to church.  Christmas day we will be traveling to his daughter's.  She lives in St. Joe, which is up close to the Oklahoma border.  Gary's son, and his kids will be meeting us there.  We are looking forward to a family filled Christmas!  I thank God for giving me a ready made family with children and grandchildren. As I have no children of my own and now that big family I had growing up is all gone, except for my mom, who is 95.  I am very blessed.


I already have my post ready for you to see tomorrow where I will be sharing the handmade cards and items I have received from friends this Christmas. So check back in then.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Happy Stamping!
Tina 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com