Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wise Men Still Seek Him!

Did you hop along the DeNami blog hop on Sunday?  I did and got a few good ideas.  Looks like I was the only person to do a gift tag and a card combo ... just like me to want to do more than was asked of me!  Now on to my Christmas cards.  Remember at the beginning of the month, I said I was going to make 5 cards of 12 different designs.  Well, since I said that, every moment that I could, I have been in my room making cards.  The last creation, the Merry Kissmas one, is when I decided to forget the original idea and start doing more than the five.  So, of that card, I made 10.  And today's card, I ended up doing 15!  So, that brings my total to 50!  It is a little short of how many I originally said I wanted to have, but I just want to be done with this part.  So, I am very glad to say my Christmas cards are MADE!  Woo Hoo!  Now I can get to a couple of other projects that I have in my head to make and also there are a couple of things I haven't had a chance to show you because my focus has been on the cards.  So, let's get to today's card.  Every year I try to do a religious one, because after all that is really what Christmas is about!  Enjoy!

I guess you could say this card is all about the embossing.  The stamp was embossed with ink and silver embossing powder and then the card overlay was embossed with an embossing folder.  I do want to add a tip about the ribbon embellishment.  I tried holding the ribbon and the silver cord and tying the knot with both at the same time but it was driving me crazy to get them to both go the same way.  So, I ended up tying the white ribbon first and then tying the silver in a knot on top.  You can't tell the difference and it was so much easier!

Recipe:
Paper - (NO DP!) Cardstock White, Silver Shimmer
Stamps - Wisemen from Stampendous, Sentiment from Paper Inspirations
Ink - Versamark, Judi Kins Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Gun
Tools - Classic Oval Nestibilites, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Sizzix BasicGrey embossing folder called Snow Flowers
Other - White ribbon from Wal-Mart (can you believe I had to go buy white ribbon? Sad, but true!), Silver from May Arts, Clear Rhinestones from Hero Arts
 
A couple of weeks ago, my friend who lives near the chain stores, found that Michael's had all their embossing folders on for 75% off so she was nice enough to call me and I looked on the Sizzix website to tell her which ones I wanted.  Of course, I wanted a lot of them.  But, I did have somewhat of a hard time visualizing what each would look like embossed onto paper.  So, for the 15 cards I did, I used a different embossing folder and made copies of each for you to see.  Under each I have added the name of the folder.  Now, they were sold two to a package, which I didn't keep track of which two are in which package, but if you know the name, you should be able to find it.  Hope this helps.  I know it would have helped me!  Here goes... (You can click on each to get a closer view.)

Cuttlebug Victoria

Sizzix BasicGrey Dearly (yes, there are dears in the design, but fortunately my oval cut them out!)

Sizzix BasicGrey Scallops & Lines

Sizzix BasicGrey Snow Globe (Holly)

Sizzix BasicGrey Plaid
Sizzix BasicGrey Sugar ( Poinsettias)
Sizzix BasicGrey Powdered Sugar


Sizzix BasicGrey Diamonds

Sizzix BasicGrey Snowflakes #6


Sizzix BasicGrey Evergreen



Cuttlebug Snowflakes

Sizzix BasicGrey Frost
Sizzix BasicGrey Snow Cap
Sizzix BasicGrey Starry Night #2

That's it for today.  Will be back tomorrow or the next day.
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com