Thursday, April 14, 2011

Congrats On Your Big News!

Hello!  I only got one of the cards done that I had hoped to show you today and tomorrow.  We'll see if I can get the second one done in the morning and then posted sometime on Friday.  Today's card is very simple.  The scrapbook store, where I taught last weekend, is celebrating 6 years in business and are having a little event this Saturday.  But, my hubby and I already have plans to go up to see the granddaughter play a double header softball game so since I won't be at The Crafty Scrapper's celebration, I thought I should at least make them a card.  I found a sheet of scrapbook paper, which I am not sure who makes it, but it has all kinds of "scrapbook words" on it ... you know like "so many pictures, so little time" or "paper princess", or how about "brads, buttons, and bling"?  (oh my!)  Anyway, I found the rectangle I thought would work best and cut it for my card.  But, then I thought, what now?  I didn't want to cover up the paper but I needed to add a cake or balloons or something.  I went with some vellum.  It is perfect because it allows me to emboss my cake stamp from Verve on it and still be able to see thru it to the words below.  I attached the vellum with glue dots and covered up the adhesive with brown pearls from Hero Arts.  My sentiment from Stampin' Up was the perfect small sentiment to add.  Here is my card ... enjoy!



What do you think?  Simple, but fun? I hope they like it!  I have got to run.  My friend, Donna & I are doing a road trip today.  We are going to Fort Worth to check out the artists at the annual Main Street Arts Festival!  This is a Fort Worth tradition that I never MISS!  And this year will be no exception! 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com