Thursday, April 28, 2011

Triple Card Treat!

 Hello!  Great news ... I got all three cards for Viva laVerve April's sketches done yesterday.  And I got up early to finish this post so you can see them and I can get the cards entered in the challenge.  My hubby & I have Ranger game tickets today and because we now live a couple of hours away, it is more of an effort to get there.  But, it is a day game, which is my hubby's favorite.  Of course, I like the Friday night games because they have fireworks.  My hubby looks for good ticket deals on ebay and so this year, we have two day games and two Friday night games.  Woo Hoo!  O.k. gotta get back to today's post, because it is a long one! And, I guess we should get right to it.  I think I will show you my card, the sketch, give you the details, and the recipe and then move on to the next one.  Normally, I would have done three separate posts but there is no time for that.  Here is the first one.  Enjoy! 

My card


A close-up

The sketch
Wow ... that is a lot of layering, but it makes for one pretty card, don't you think?  When I have a sketch that needs a lot of coordinating papers to make it work, I always go right to the Stella & Rose pads!  They are so perfect for this.  I gave you a close-up of the butterfly.  This little guy was one of the stamps from the set of chickies that I used last week for Easter.  I love this butterfly - perfect for paper piecing.  I went with the very small pearls and a little lace for my embellishments.  I did not want to take away from all the pretty papers!

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Stella & Rose Hazel 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Natural White
Stamps - Verve - Sentiment is a Plain Jane (this is one of my favorite verses), Butterfly from Chicks Rule set
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Lacey Circles, Classic Circles Nestibilities
Other - Lace across middle panel is from Hero Arts (called Hero Hues - set of 5 self adhesive laces ...too cool!), Pearls from Hero Arts

Let's get to the next one ... enjoy!


My Card
Do you like how this one came out?  I have stamped this cake before and have paper pieced the base like I did this time, but usually the rest of the cake I color instead of stamping it onto colored cardstock.  I wasn't sure if I liked it this way, but it was getting late, so I went with it!  I love the cardstock colors with the DP.   Thoughts?

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Tickled Pink 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Pastel Green, Dark Rose
Stamps - Cake and Sentiment from Verve Birthday Bash set
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Tim Holtz Sizzix Ornate Die (new ... love it!), Classic Oval, Classic Circles Nestibilities, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder
Other - Stickles Glitter, Art Institute Crystal Glitter, Prima Flower, Rhinestones by Hero Arts

On to the last one ... enjoy!

My Card

The Close-up of Rosette


The Sketch

The Rosette Die

The 2  Rosettes before adding Banner


This last sketch is one of the reasons why I knew I had to complete the challenge, as I love the colored rays of pattern paper.  I love how my card turned out.  And, I got to use my new Rosette die from The Cat's Pajamas.  They have a very simple youtube demo here.  Above, I have a pic of the actual die and a pic of my rosettes before I added the sentiment.  Remember, back in March how I made one on my own and I had trouble with getting it to lay flat?  Well, with this die, I did not have that problem!  But, of course, I am limited to these two rosette sizes.  But,  they are good sizes.  Not too big!  I also want to note here that I looked at a you tube video of the new Tim Holtz rosette die (which I considered buying) and when it is made you see the perforation lines on each fold.  With this one, you don't.  Now, I am so glad I got this one instead!  Love it!  There are many more rosettes in my future!  Do you like how my card came out?

Recipe:

Paper - Sei Jocelyn 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Wine, Dark Brown, Pastel Green
Stamps - Verve from One Person set
Ink - Versafine Vintage Brown
Tools - The Cat's Pajamas Easy Rosettes die (die includes banner that I used under my sentiment), Stampin' Up scalloped border punch, Cuttlebug polka dots embossing folder
Other - Grosgrain Ribbon, Button, Linen Thread by The Cat's Pajamas, Rhinestones by Hero Arts

That is it until Saturday.  Make sure you come back by because I am using my other purchase from The Cat's Pajamas.  And it is sooo cute.  You are gonna love it! 

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com