Friday, April 1, 2011

Life Gives You Many Reasons To Smile!

Hello!  Happy April Fools Day!  As a child, I was skinny, and shy ... I know that's hard to believe now... anyway, I remember being teased a lot.  So, in my adult life, I don't like to tease.  So, no April Fools Day teasing will be going on here!  Just a day to celebrate another handmade card!  Woo Hoo!  I recently came across a set of stamps from Hero Arts that I haven't inked up yet.  I just had to have them back in December, but with all the holiday cardmaking going on, they got put aside.  I remembered a card I saw in their catalog and the reason why I had to have the set.  I am very visual.  You show me a card  using it and I want it!  My card is similar to the card I saw and very scrapbooky (new word here!), as I paper pieced everything with designer paper.  It is kinda different but I love it.  Let's get to it and then you can be the judge!  Enjoy!



How about that for paper piecing?  I paper pieced 6 different stamps and a couple of the images got stamped onto two different papers like the house and the trees.  I love, love, love those trees.  You will be seeing them again.  I don't remember the card I saw exactly, but I do remember it had this hill with the trees at an angle, like on my card.  It is pretty silly, but kinda cute.  In looking for sentiments to add to the front of my card, which, as you know, I always like to do, I came across this sentiment from Stampin' Up and thought it went perfectly.  What do you think ... do you like my silly card for today?  I would love to hear your comments!
Recipe:

Paper - Echo Park Walk in the Park line, Cardstock White
Stamps - Hero Arts Whimsical House clear set, Sentiment from Stampin' Up
Ink - Versafine Black, Brown Tombow marker for house windows, Marvy Matchable Jungle Green to stamp grass
Tools - Tim Holtz Sizzix Bracket Die, Clouds from Papertrey Inc., Labels 16 Nestibilities, Quicky Glue Pen, Art Institute Crystal Glitter (for clouds edges)
Other - Rhinestones by Hero Arts

Be sure to stop back by tomorrow as my friend Debbie and I once again made cards from the same sketch and I will have both cards and the sketch to share with you.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com