Monday, April 11, 2011

Embedded Embossing Technique!

Hello!  Before I get to today's card with a new technique, I wanted to let you know that my class that I taught on Saturday was a success!  And I had 12 ladies in class!  Wow!  I was actually nervous at first, which seems so silly, but once I said out loud that I was nervous, I got over it!  And you know what?  I had a lot of fun.  Already working on the next one!  So, lets get on to today's card.  Remember the card I did here, where I placed Prima flowers on a panel and ran it thru my cuttlebug machine?  That technique they called Faux Pressed Flowers.  A few days ago, I saw a similar technique here, but this time they used punched out pattern paper instead of the Prima flowers. I needed a birthday card for a friend, so I thought it would be a perfect time to try out a new technique!  Here is my card!  Enjoy!



Pretty, isn't it?  Of course, the colors are not as bright as I like, but the card wasn't made for me.  My friend likes "blues" and I know for a fact she bought this particular paper pad, making it a good one to use for her card!  So, basically, all I did was die cut with some flower dies out of some of the same papers from the pad and then use a glue stick to make them stay where I wanted to on my blue panel.  And then I ran it thru one of the tight weaved embossing folders and voila!  Love it!  Don't you?  So, now we know you can use paper or prima flowers ... very cool!  Give it a try and let me know your results!

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Stella & Rose Hattie 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Blue, Natural White
Stamps - Happy Belated sentiment by DeNami Designs
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Flower dies from Papertrey, Inc., Classic Circles Nestibilities, Marvy Corner Rounder, Stampin' Up Square Lattice embossing folder
Other - Buttons, Linen Thread by The Cat's Pajamas

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Paulina said...

This is such a pretty card, Tina! Love those colors, and you know I always enjoy seeing when you use DeNami! :) Glad to hear your class was a success!

 
design by suckmylolly.com