Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter is the Gift!

Hello!  For the next three days, I will be showing you the three cards I made to send.  They are going in the mail today, as that should be enough time for them to receive them by Saturday.  Last night when I sat down with my list, I started regretting that I didn't make more cards to send to everyone I know.  But, that just isn't possible.  At Christmas time, I try to make more so I can send more.  But then again, by having the blog, I am actually getting to share the cards with so many more.  I love that!  And, that is exactly how I need to think of it!  Now, let's get to today's card.  I love the Easter images ... bunnies, eggs, chicks, etc.  But, I know that Easter is really about the resurrection and I always try to make one card to reflect that.  My card today does just that.  I love the simplicity of the Morningstar stamp of the three crosses on the hill.   I think I used this same stamp last year, but so what?  It is a wonderful stamp. Here is my card ... enjoy!



I recently purchased a scrapbook paper that had butterflies all over it, but when I got home, I looked on the reverse side and thought about how the simple lilac, white, with a touch of green pattern would be perfect for my inspirational Easter card.  So, off I went to my little local scrapbook store to find some coordinating papers to help my card come together.  I also found this beautiful ribbon which is a combination of satin and sheer.  So pretty!  Now, the sketch I was using, had a bow under the round panel.  But it just made the card too busy, so instead I added three small rhinestones down the ribbon.  Perfect!  I am also showing you the inside of the card so you can see the verse.  This is also a stamp from Morningstar.  So beautiful!  What do you think?  Do you like my inspirational Easter card for this year?

Recipe:

Paper - Purple Pattern by 3 Bugs in a Rug April Showers Line - reverse side of springtime butterfly, Green pattern is by Cosmo Cricket Pixie Dust line, Purple Plaid is a text-weight by unknown, Cardstock White, Lilac, Med. Purple
Stamps - Morningstar Stamps
Ink - Sentiments -Versafine Spanish Moss, Crosses - Versamark and Stampendous Pearlescent embossing powder (this was from my stash, not sure if they still make it. it came in a set of about 10 different pearlescent colors)
Tools - Classic Circle, Lacey Circle, Labels 4 Nestibilities
Other - Ribbon, Rhinestones

I will be back tomorrow with some Easter "chicks"!  See you then!
Happy Stamping!
Tina 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com