Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Have A Bluebonnet Day!

Howdy!  This is my greeting for Texas Tues-Step!  As promised, I made a bluebonnet card for you.  After all, it IS that time of year!  We have had such a drought that I don't think there are as many out as there were last year, but I still have seen a lot and love it every time I see a field of them!  Or any wildflower for that matter!  I think my hubby thinks it is kinda silly how excited I get when I see a field of wildflowers and several times I have asked him to pull over so I can take a picture!  Love the wildflowers, especially the bluebonnets!  Let's get to my card ... enjoy!

A Close-up!

I hope you can see my card all right.  It didn't scan so well because I added that bulky beaded pin.  I have seen many packages of beaded pins in the scrapbook stores.  But this one, I made myself!  I purchased a package of fancy head pins at Michaels with a coupon (of course!) and added a couple of beads, one from my stash and one I also got at Michaels.  I bought a whole string of the clear beads for accent.  To make them stay, I just add a drop of Diamond Glaze.  Easy Peasy!  And each one will be a match for my card I am making!  I also want to talk about how I did the bluebonnet and only cut out part of the oval.  I know there is a tutorial on how to do this somewhere but I didn't have it, so I improvised!  I did direct to paper for the bluebonnet, Tombows colored on the stamp and spritzed with a little water, before stamping.  Then, before I ran the panel thru the Big Shot with the Spellbinders oval die, I layed a thick piece of cardstock over the top of the flower image so that it would not cut where the flower was.  I then could go around the flower with my scissors.  It worked pretty good, but I could see the shape of the cardboard impression in the paper.  So ... I ran the whole thing thru an embossing folder to cover it up.  It worked and it gave the card more interest ... a happy mistake?  Yes, I think so!  What do you think?  Do you like my card?

Recipe:

Paper - Dots by Bo Bunny, Cardstock White
Stamps - Bluebonnet and Sentiment by Deadbeat Designs
Ink - Versafine Majestic Blue, Tombows, Stickles Waterfall
Tools - Petite Ovals Nestibilities, Sizzix Basic Grey Diamonds embossing folder, Stampin' Up scalloped border punch
Other - Rhinestones by Hero Arts, Fancy Head Pin, Beads

I haven't heard from the Texas Tues-Step team about who is participating this week, but check my list on the right side panel and if you find they have a Texas card for you today, be sure to leave them a little love and a comment!

Enjoy the spring flowers!  See you tomorrow!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

3 comments:

ellepaulette said...

What a lovely blue bonnet card! So pretty!

Jennifer Moore said...

Beautiful card Tina. I like the embossed flower panel. And how cool are your making your own fancy pins.

Sorry for being such a slacker and not getting my card posted until just now.

terry said...

OK, Tina...you really outdid yourself on that bluebonnet!!!
The way you colored it is simply beautiful...just as a bluebonnet shd be! ;) Using more than one color gives great interest! Great job. (great tip on the cutting! THNX)

 
design by suckmylolly.com