Friday, May 13, 2011

Count Your Age by Friends!

Hello!  It actually worked perfectly that this card is not going to post until Friday night, because I made today's card for a friend that will hopefully have the card in hand before she sees it on my blog.  I have so many great cards in my stash that I have made, that often I send friends cards from that group, but sometimes, like this time, it worked to make a new card just for her.  I would hope that either way, the recipient, would just enjoy getting a handmade card from me.  Let's get to this evening's card.  I am using Jen's monthly sketch for you to try, which is a great sketch, and one I am sure I will use again and again.  Let me show you the card and then I will show you the sketch too.  Enjoy!




See what I mean?  How great is this sketch?  I went with one of my favorite pads from My Minds Eye to make it extra simple.  These pads are so wonderful because in each pad, all the papers coordinate so beautifully.  I know you love my sentiment and will be wanting to know who makes it.  And, unfortunately, I am not sure, as it is an unmounted one that I got at one of the conventions.  Below this sentiment it actually had one more line that said "Happy Birthday Dear Friend".  But, I cut that part off to use on the inside.  Actually, I also cut the dear and the friend apart and just used Happy Birthday Friend on the inside.  It's not that she isn't a dear friend, she is, but it just doesn't sound like something I would say to someone.  Does that make sense?  The flower is used with my new favorite flower die.  I have made daisies with two colors, pattern paper and now one color and I like them all!  This card was so easy to make.  It will be a great "go to" card idea, when you need a quick birthday card.  Love it ... don't you?

Paper - My Minds Eye Stella & Rose "Gertie", Cardstock Natural White, Dark Rose
Stamps - Sentiment -Unknown
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - My Favorite Things Upsy Daisy Die-namics, Lacey Circles, Classic Circle Nestibilities
Other - Pearls by Queen & Co.

I will be back tomorrow will another Saturday sketch share.
Happy Stamping
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com