Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday's Sketch Share!

Hello!  I am back with another sketch share between my friend Debbie and I.  We are working our way through Mojo Monday's 2010 challenges and in case you are not familiar with their sketches, the last week of each month, they give you a choice between a square card or a round card.  So, this week, Debbie & I still did the same sketch layout, but I went with the round card choice and she went with the square card choice.  I will show you my card, her card, and then the sketches.  Enjoy!



My Card

Debbie's Card

The Sketches

I love them both.  We did good on this one!  Love to hear your thoughts on both cards.

The next week my stamping shack is gonna be "rockin' with stampin'"  because I have decided to participate in the local arts festival next Saturday with a booth to try to sell some of my cards.  And let me tell you, I have been back and forth on whether the booth idea is a good one or not.  But in the end, with the help of my friend Donna, I decided to try it because the consensus is that there will be no way to know if it is a good idea or not, until I try it!  The booth fee is only $30 so surely, I can sell enough cards to make that back.  I am going to ask $5 each, so that is only 6 cards and then I will be happy that I didn't lose any of my craft money!  I went through my stash cards last night and there are about 75 that I wouldn't mind trying to sell.  Of course, there are another 60 or more that are my favorites, that I don't want to part with yet.  The problem is that of the ones I could sell, half of them, do not have anything on the insides.  I made it a New Year's resolution to add an inside panel to every card I make this year, and I have to say, I have done pretty good on this.  Most of the ones that need the insides done were actually made last year.  So the Tina tip with a capital T is when you are making a card, go ahead and do the inside too, that way you can add the same colors on the inside while you have all the card elements in front of you.  The other thing that I found looking through this group, there are not a lot of very obvious birthday cards.  So, I am thinking I will need to make some of those to add to the group.  The other project for this next week is to make my class kits for my upcoming classes that I am teaching at The Crafty Scrapper.  (If you missed it, I showed you the cards in this post).  I found out last night, I have 12 signed up so far!  I have a card started for Monday's post, that I hope to get finished.  And, as I make some of those birthday cards next week, I will show them to you. Thanks for letting me share!

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Happy Stamping!
Tina 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com