Friday, May 6, 2011

Just for Mom!

Hello!  After working so hard over last weekend on my upcoming class cards, I took a few days off, but I knew I had to get back out there so I could get my mom's day card done.  For Easter, I took her a little daisy plant and frankly, I noticed she didn't really care that much about it.  This of course, is different than mom would have been in the past, and that is because mom is different.  You see, as I have discussed with the nurses, we believe she is progressing into the 3rd stage of Alzheimer's and so she is not totally in reality all of the time. (she is 95, will be 96 in Oct.)  But, at this point, she does still know me.  And that is a blessing.  So, thinking about a mom's day gift, I came up with the idea to make her a corsage of sorts, something she could wear on mom's day.  Let me show you and then I can give you more details.  Here is her card and her corsage.  Enjoy...  



Oh, and before I get to the details, I forgot to tell you, I did the current Mojo Monday sketch challenge for my card.  Here is the sketch ...
 


You know anytime I make anything for mom, there is gonna be PINK!  Yes, you are right ... you know me ... pink is one of my favorite colors too!  I thought of all the cute girls, animals, etc. stamps I could use, but in the end, I decided to just go with some simple flowers!  For her corsage, I picked up a package of pink tissue paper at the dollar store.  I cut out a square from the folded up tissue and ran it thru a sizzix die and then separated the layers to give it lots of fluff!  I put a hole thru all the layers with the tabletop crop a dile and strung some linen thread thru and tied some knots.  The knots came out and so I went back and tried glue dots between some of the layers, which did NOT work, so then I went back and did better knots, reinforced with cardstock for top and bottom layer.  And then I added the nestibilities die with the matching paper I used for her card on the top and bottom.  I hope it stays together, as I only need it to stay together for one day.  Surely it will.  I hope she likes it!  Because I do!  How about you?

Recipe - Card:

Paper - Sei Monsterville Line (can't remember where I got this sheet ...but wouldn't you think monsterville would be other colors...go figure!) Posie Way Line, Pink Dot and Pink Solid from Stampin' Up, Cardstock White
Stamps - Verve -Mom from One Person set, Flowers from Chicks Rule Set
Ink - Versafine Crimson Red, Prismacolor Pencils
Tools - Classic Scalloped Circle, Classic Circle, Petite Oval Nestibilities, Stampin' Up Scalloped border punch
Other - Twine by The Twinery, Rhinestones by Kaiser, White Opal Liquid Pearls

Recipe - Corsage:

Paper - Sei (same as above), Cardstock Pink
Stamps - Verve
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - Sizzix Build A Flower #2 die (used the largest flower on the die), Dahlia & Classic Heart Nestibilities
Other - White Opal Liquid Pearls, Rhinestones by Kaiser, Ribbon unknown

I will be back tomorrow with Saturday's card share.  See you then!

Happy Stamping!
Tina
 

3 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty in pink! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Becky Elliott said...

I love your card, Tina! So pretty for Mother's Day!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous Tina! That pink color is just perfect and the papers are lovely! What a wonderful badge for mom, too!

 
design by suckmylolly.com