Monday, May 2, 2011

For Someone Special!

Hello!  Last week, going thru blogs on my reader, I came across a post talking about a contest over on the My Favorite things forum for a guest designer spot in their next release.  Boy, would I love to do something like this.  So, I clicked over to see the theme.  I saw it was "Blue Jeans and Bling"!  I immediately thought of my little Pure Innocence girl that holds a flower behind her back, because she is wearing pants, which I knew I could make look like jeans.  So, I was off to the little local scrapbook store out here to see if they had any paper that would work. In talking to one of the store owners, I found that she has many fabric scraps and she would be glad to donate a strip of jean material to me!  So, who needs jean paper when you have the real thing?  Here is my card ... enjoy!


Inside of card with matching die

Close-Up of Denim Daisy

Don't you love how the card came out?  The color theme came about when I remembered that in one of the Bo Bunny packages of specialized buttons, there was this big pink rhinestone, a big bling.  So, I was off to find papers that would go with the rhinestone and the blue denim.  I do love a pad of paper that all coordinates together making it so easy to create a card, but sometimes it's also fun to go through the drawers of papers to find what looks good together.  Great way to use some papers from "the stash"!  So, in this case, you see how totally different lines of papers go together perfectly to create my card.  Above I showed you a close-up of the daisy and the inside of the card because I used two of the Die-namics with my denim.  Do you see the top strip on the front of the card?  It is the same die that is on the inside of my card.  On the front one, I just didn't punch out the holes.  I love the fact that real fabric can be used with the dies.  That is definitely something a punch can't do!  Oh, and I almost forgot, I need to show you the sketch my card was made from.  When I knew I was doing My Favorite Things, I went to see if there was a current sketch challenge going on and of course, there was! Below is the pic of the sketch. I will need to link my card to their challenge too!  So, what do you think of my card?  Do you like how it came out?


Recipe:

Paper - Pink (Dots on one side, solid on reverse) is from Pebbles, Inc. called Merrily from Skipping Along Collection, Flower pattern is from Imaginisce called Oopsie Daisy (how appropriate!) from Baby Powder line, Dark Blue Dotted from Bazille Swiss Dot, Cardstock White, Denim Blue (at least I am calling it denim blue!)
Stamps - My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Girl with Flower, Sentiment by Great Impressions
Tools - Die-namics dies: Dainty Dot Border, Upsy Daisy, & Grass from My Favorite Things, Labels 4 Nestibilities to create tab for sentiment
Other - Large Rhinestone from Bo Bunny, Small pink rhinestones from Kaiser, Pink flower rhinestone from Hero Arts.

I think tomorrow is a Texas Tues-Step day so I should be galloping back by!  See you then!

Happy Stamping!
Tina 

1 comments:

Eileen said...

PERFECT! GOdd luck!

 
design by suckmylolly.com