Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Trails!

Howdy!  Yes, I have another Texas Tues-Step card for you today!  Since I had some jean fabric left from yesterday's card, I decided to use a little more for my Texas card.  I thought about the stamp set from My Favorite Things with the bottom half of the cowgirl on it, because I knew her skirt would be another paper piecing opportunity with the jean fabric!  Let me show you my card ... enjoy!

In my head, the main panel was going to be bigger, but when I started working on the card, I thought it covered up too much of the paper behind so I went with the smaller rectangle.  I think it really came all together for me when I added the stars and the sentiment!  And then the finishing touch totally made it complete.  As you know, the last thing I do on EVERY card is to add some type of bauble to give balance to my card.  So, I am looking thru my big basket of rhinestones, buttons, pearls, etc.  And, I come across these metal dots ...how perfect!  What do you think ... like my cowgirl?  I decided a cowgirl card is perfect timing since Mom's Day is coming up!

Recipe:

Paper - 3 Bugs in a Rug Dawson line called Stars (I think this line is actually about dinosaurs ... but looks more like Texas to me!), Cardstock Dark Blue, White, Light Blue, Cork, Blue Jean fabric
Stamps - My Favorite Things Ride 'Em Cowgirl
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Sizzix Stars - die has 4 sizes of stars and I used 3 smaller ones(actually made by Ellison ... Sizzix bought out Ellison about 4 to 5 years ago)
Other - Grosgrain Ribbon, Button (perfect for this card!) is from BoBunny, Twine from The Twinery, Linen Thread from The Cat's Pajamas, Metal Dots came from Tuesday Morning but on package it says it is distributed by Wal-Mart

I am not real sure which of the Texas Tues-Step team members are participating this week.  You will find the list on the right side of my blog.  If you go to any of them and they are participating, make sure you leave them a comment.  We all love to hear from you!

I spent two days this last weekend making three cards for my second card class I will be teaching.  Wow, now that I have done it once, and have seen that not only was it a lot of fun, sharing and socializing, but the fact that there will be extra money to spend on my hobby, I want to do one every month!  And this is coming from the person that every since I closed my store, I have said no, no, no to teaching!  What's the saying ... it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind?  Anyway, my next class at The Crafty Scrapper will be Tuesday, May 24th 11-1 or Saturday, May 28th 2:30-4:30.  Same class, two choices.  You can see the details here.  It only shows a pic of one of the cards, so if you are interested, let me know and I will forward you the pics of the other two cards.  I will post them on my blog, but closer to the days I will be teaching. 

I will be back in a day or two with my mother's day card and maybe another.
Happy Stamping!
Tina 

4 comments:

ellepaulette said...

Wonderful western card! I love all the details, just perfect!! :)

mark said...

love the cork!

jimlynn said...

Yee Haw!!! LOVE IT! So cute. Wonderful image, paper, and everything else. Adorable.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I love the rope in her hand. Nice touch!

Cathy G.

 
design by suckmylolly.com