Monday, April 23, 2012

Be Still and Know!

Hello!  As you know, I am such a visual person, you show me something and I want to do it!  A while back, I saw a pinterest item where they showed a youtube video from Amazing Paper Grace of how she created a mitered frame with the MS Garden Trellis punch.  So, I got a friend to pick one up at a chain store in the metroplex with her handy dandy coupon.  (Remember I live at least an hour from a chain store, so I have to rely on friends to help me out when needed)!  So, I got it and I made three cards with it that you will see on the next three days!  Let's get right to today's card.  Enjoy!



Yes, I know I even wanted to try it even though I knew it was going to be a square card!  But, to me this allows all that "space" of a square card to be taken up by the beautiful trellis and now I only have a small "space" to do my creating, just how I like it!  On this one, I went with the frame in white, so you can see the detail.  Making the frame was super simple.  Two punches of the punch in a row on a strip, and two cuts on each end at a mitered angle, make three more like this and then all four  together so it completes a square frame.  However, I do have to admit that I had to overlap the corners on this one to make it lay flat.  But, I think this was a "Tina" thing, as the other cards, which you will see in the next two days, didn't have this problem.  But, even with the overlap, it came out so pretty.  I have used this stamp before, but I saw it recently on facebook and so I had it in my brain!  I had not planned to use the pattern paper behind my frame, but when I put it behind and I liked it, I went with it!  Simple but pretty?

Recipe:

Paper - Echo Park This and That Line: Red Floral, Cardstock White, Pink, Olive
Stamps - Verve Stamps
Ink - Versafine Black (I have decided that for sentiments only this ink is darker and more detailed than the Memento black ink)
Tools - MS Garden Trellis Punch, Spellbinders Labels 16, My Favorite Things Prima Donna Petals & Fancy Flourish Die-namics
Other - Ribbon from Creative Impressions, Pearls

See you tomorrow!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com