Wednesday, April 25, 2012

You Make Me Smile!

Hello!  Today I have a third look for you using the MS Garden Trellis Punch.  If you missed the last two days, be sure to scroll down to check out my first two cards I created using this punch.  The last two cards, as you know, have been square cards, but I got to thinking about that I punch it out twice to create each side of the frame, what if I punched it out only once?  What would that do?  Yes, you are right ... it makes a small square, perfect for an accent piece for an A-2 size card!  Let me show you.  Enjoy!




What do you think?  It works, dosen't it?  I went back thru my sketch book (pages of sketches out there that I have either done before or still want to try) and found this sketch from Nov. '09 (Mojo111) that made it all come together.  Do you see the small decorative circle behind the butterfly?  That's a new die set from My Favorite Things ... is is a set of 4 different decorative circles ... love!  And that butterfly is from the Hero Arts die set, that allows you to die cut the butterfly perfectly!   I have a couple more ideas using this same punch in different ways than making a frame, so sometime I will get to those!  But I love the frame idea, for sure! 

Recipe:

Paper - Bo Bunny Alora Line: Alora Wish and Alora Leaves, Cardstock base is a odd color: kinda of a mustardy yellow, and the other is kinda an orangey red (??), White
Stamps  - Hero Arts (sentiment is a wood mount and butterfly is cling and die set)
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Oval, Martha Stewart Garden Trellis Punch, My Favorite Things Mini Doilly Circles Die-namics
Other - Black Pearls, Gelly Roll Glitter Pen

I will be back tomorrow with another card creation!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Tina!!! I had to make and "emergency" trip to get that Trellis punch after I saw your card Tuesday...haven't been able to stamp in several months, but it was still a "must have".

 
design by suckmylolly.com