Friday, April 6, 2012

A Card & Some Pics!

Hello!  It is already the 6th of April and I am just now popping in with my first April post.  And that is what happens when life gets in the way of me making cards, and me doing blog posts!  Last week, was so crazy between all the class kit preps and the make it take it event that I participated in last Saturday at The Crafty Scrapper.  But, I do have a couple of pics from that day to share with you later in this post.  Also, I am sharing a pic of a "space" that I am renting in a gift shop/coffee shop to try to sell some of my handmade cards.  I spent some time early this week, pricing the cards to get them ready to sell.  I have priced them at $3, $4, and $5.  I have no idea if any will sell, but the "space" I rented is only costing me $15 a month to find out!  Just had to do it.  Now, before I show you that pic, let me talk about the card I have to show you.  A couple of weeks ago, a woman from my church asked me if I could make her a card to be given to a gentlemen that would be turning 90.  I said of course, not realizing that I would need to make it before last Sunday's service, in the mist of my crazy last week.  When I got home Saturday evening from the all day make it take it event, I just couldn't do it.  But, on Sunday morning, with an hour before church, I did it!  Boy, I think I must have some help from above, as I never come up with an idea, and finish any card within an hour!  Especially a man's card, but I did it!  I think I need to made more of these to have on hand, as I love how it came out!  Let me show you... enjoy!



What do you think?  A great masculine card?  To me, they are the hardest to make.  Now, for my hubby, I can get away with cute animals or whatever, but for a general masculine type card, they are hard to come up with ideas.  On pinterest, I have seen several cards with these strips of pattern paper and so I decided to just get that part going and see where the creativity took me.  I love the added cake and stars.  You?  Oh, on the inside, which I didn't take a pic of, I added a stamp that says "Celebrate, You deserve it"!  I originally thought I would find a birthday for a 90 year old sentiment on the computer and print it onto cardstock, but with an hour, well, I just had to find a stamp that would work!

Recipe:
Paper - My Minds Eye Stella & Rose Hattie 6 x 6 pad, Cardstock Dark Brown, Cream
Stamps - Cake by Verve Birthday set, Sentiment by Hero Arts
Ink - Memento Black, Prismacolor Pencils
Tools - Spellbinders Stars Circle (first time to use!), My Favorite Things Stacking Stars Die-namics
Other - Pearls

Now, on to the pics I have to show you.  First, are the ones taken at The Crafty Scrapper last Saturday.

During my MITI ... me with my mouth open ... Typical!!

My table I set up by my MITI to showcase my classes

Not my MITI, but I thought it was a good one to show the store.
Next, is the pic of the space I am renting to try to sell my cards ...


So, just in case, they do sell, I need to get on the ball and make some cards!  For sure, I need ones that are specifically for birthday, mother's day, etc.  The great thing about this, is for every card I make to try to sell, you get the benefit of seeing it first, here on my blog!  Woo Hoo!  I also wanted to have time this week, to make my Easter cards.  Well, that just didn't happen because between this little time taker, a funeral on Monday, and, cleaning house for Easter, I just didn't get them done.  I am a little disappointed about it, but I am trying not to fret about it either.  After all, do I get Easter cards in the mail from anyone else?  No.  It is just that I have always done them, and it's hard for me to break old habits.  But, for you ... I will have one!  Make sure you tune in tomorrow for Saturday's Sketch share to see an Easter card from me!

See you tomorrow!
Happy Stamping!
Tina
 

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com