Friday, April 20, 2012

Life is One Grand Sweet Song!

Hello!  I have  been out in my shack doing some fun creating this week.  The only problem is that I haven't stopped each day to show you each card.  So, now it is Friday, the week is almost over, and I am just now sitting down to do the first post for you.  But, on a good note, I have enough creations completed that you will get one post every day until the end of the month!  That will be 11 posts in a row!  That is, if I can write that many!  Let's talk about the first one, today's card.  A friend of mine that I have known since 9th grade (oh about 37 years or so!) saw some of the ideas on Pinterest where they created a Piano card.  She asked me if I could make her one for a friend's birthday.  I said sure, I bet I could come up with something.  And this is the result!  I love how it came out.  I hope she loves it too!   Before I show you my card, let me give you the couple of Pinterest links so you can see my inspiration and where my pattern came from.  First, I printed off the template of the card base from this blog here.  I enlarged on my computer the template for the base only.  All the other pieces she used to make her piano 3-D and I knew I just wanted mine to be a card instead.  O.k. then I also got some inspiration from this blog post here.  The first one is from Norway and the second one?  The whole post is in another language, but it doesn't matter because I am all about the visual!  Now, let me show you my creation ... enjoy!






And the inside look when it is open:


I want to talk about the making of the piano keys ... I saw another idea on pinterest here where they used the Stampin' Up Word punch to make the keys.  I followed their lead but  I cut each one straight instead of leaving them rounded as they did, so that it would look more realistic.  This area is definitely not perfect, but then again, it is handmade, right?  I looked on the computer to try to find some kind of "piano sentiment" for the card.  The "Life is One Grand Sweet Song" is a quote from Ronald Reagan and I thought it would be perfect for the card, so I printed it out!  I added a white cardstock  panel on the left inside so that my friend can add her message.  My friend told me she would be giving the card and not sending it, so I knew I could jazz up the front with some 3-D flowers.  I think it came out pretty good, and I am pretty darn proud of it!  Thoughts?  I would so love for you to comment!

Recipe:

Paper - Music paper by Bo Bunny Et Cetera line, Flower, leaves and swirl by My Minds Eye Lost & Found 2: 6 x 6 pad called Blush, Cardstock Black, White, Pink
Tools - My Favorite Things Prima Donna Petals, Mini Rolled Roses, & Fancy Flourish Die-namics, Spellbinders Classic Circles, Lacey Circles, Stampin' Up Word Punch
Other - Pearls

See you tomorrow for the Saturday sketch share.
Happy Stamping!
Tina

P.S.  On another note, will you please send prayers to my good friend Virginia?  Her husband passed away yesterday from complications of prostate cancer.  She and Bill had just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary.  A love like theirs is rare to find and she and her family need prayers from wherever they may come.  I am sending a card today that is on my list to show you next week.  Thanks!

1 comments:

terry said...

LUV your piano card! Wonderful job! ~terry

 
design by suckmylolly.com