Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April Class Share!

Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. This week, I have been out in my stamp shack working on my class samples for my next class. My class is only two weeks away and so I am a little behind getting the samples done, but I think it will be o.k. and will surely get sign ups anyway. My classes challenge me to find different types of cards that I can teach and this month is no exception. I am doing another of the honeypop cards from Inky Antics this time with an adorable little duck, perfect for a springtime card. You know I live in Texas, and springtime is a very short time! The second card is the challenge one and it is called a Double Twisted Easel card. I wanted to use both the cowboy and cowgirl stamps from My Favorite Things, so I went to looking for ideas on how I could incorporate both of the images into one card, and this is what I came up with. I love it! It is definitely going to be a hit! After I did the first two cards, each with two images that would have to be colored, I knew that the third card had better be simple. So, I went with simple and made a similar version to something I showed you on this blog post here. O.k. enough talking, let me show you my cards. Enjoy!

First up is the Honeycomb Pop-up card ...

I have taught several of these honeycomb pop-up cards, but they are enjoyed so much, I just can't resist!

Next ...



Isn't it great? This is how it stands when it is open. I changed the measurements that I found because I wanted to make sure it would fit in an envelope without having to find or make a special sized one. It fits perfectly into a #10 business size. The only disadvantage is that if you were sending it in the mail, the recipient would have to figure out how to make it stand up. It is probably a better idea to hand deliver. I have some close-ups for you next. And, a pic showing how it would fit in the envy.















Yes, a little paper piecing was added just for fun! I originally thought about paper piecing her skirt but I decided to keep it simple and just do her vest and headband so it would match the cowboy.

And, here is the third one ...




Here are the class details, just in case you are local and are interested.  If so, call the store to sign up.  972-923-3151.

Pop, Twist, and Cut - Wed. April 25th 11:00 a.m. and Sat. April 28th 2:30 p.m. $25

Come make three unique and creative cards. You will be making a honeycomb pop-up card with a spring theme, including a refresher course on the out of the box technique, a double twisted easel card featuring both the cowboy and cowgirl stamps from My Favorite Things, and lastly, a pretty Mother's day card with the die cut butterfly and stamp set from Hero Arts. Please bring adhesive, small pop-up dots, an X by Xyron (if you have one), a glue stick, detailed scissors, and your preferred coloring medium (Copics, colored pencils, etc.) All other supplies provided.

That is it for me.  In the middle of getting these cards done, I also got the Saturday sketch share card done, so I know I will be back on Saturday for that.  I know my blog has suffered with all the classes but I still love to stamp and I am so glad you stick by me and let me show you what I do create!  I am hoping this weekend to have time to do some stamping just for fun, but we'll see how it goes.  See you Saturday!

Happy Stamping!
Tina






0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com