Monday, April 30, 2012

Congrats on 7!

Hello!  As promised, this post is my 11th in a row!  I am hoping to keep it going!  My card for today was actually made a few weeks ago for the store I teach at, The Crafty Scrapper, when they were celebrating their 7th anniversary of being in business.  I didn't remember to take a picture of it before I took it to them, so that is why I didn't show you before now.  When I was there this last weekend, I saw it on the counter and took a pic, so now I can show it to you.  Enjoy!


Do you see the panel with the black and white on the top and bottom and the flower on it?  That is actually just printed like that.  Sometimes, in the scrapbook paper lines there is a sheet of what they call journaling cards.  I usually don't buy them, but this one caught my eye and I got to thinking that maybe I could figure out how to incorporate one of the squares into a card.  Well, when I went to make this card, I thought how perfect!  The big 7 came from a clear stamp set from Hero Arts.  I just paper pieced it!  The card is simple and very "scrapbooky" (i know not really a word!), but I think it is perfect as it was made for a scrapbook store!  I wrote inside that she only had 7 more years to catch up with me!  And that, I am so thankful to be able to teach classes at such an awesome store!  So true!

Recipe:

Paper - Echo Park This and That Line: Red Floral, Journaling Cards, and backside of Border Strips (dots), Cardstock Natural White, Black
Stamps - Hero Arts: 7, Sentiment from Stampin' Up, "th" from Studio G $1 stamps
Ink- Memento Black
Tools - My Favorite Things Tab Die-Namics
Other - Ribbon by May Arts, Black Pearls

See you tomorrow!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com