Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Monkey Spinning!

Happy Valentine's Day!  Today's card is a CASE from one of my favorite bloggers.  I had to go back and find her card on her blog, and I was surprised when I found her card was from 2010. You can see it here. Wow!  That means I have had the idea in my head and on my list for three years!  I am so glad I finally made the card!  The stamps, I got last year from a friend that was clearing out some of her unwanted sets and I bought this one, with this idea in mind!  My colors are different, but it's pretty similar in every other way. Thanks Susan for your inspiration!  Let me show you mine.  Enjoy!    
 
 


And for a little monkey spinning action ...



In case, you don't know how to make a monkey spin ... you just cut a track out of your paper  The best thing to use for this step is the word punch from Stampin'Up.  Makes it super simple.  And then you take two pennies, add a foam dot between the two and glue one penny to the back of your monkey.  Then when it is put in the track, it freely spins ... crazy monkey!  You might remember last year, one of the cards I did for the Inky Antics guest designer and then also for a class card,  I did a slider card.  Same idea but I added another set of pennies, so that instead of spinning it slid along the track!  I haven't done a spinner in a class, but I probably will at some point.  Oh, one more thing, make sure you pop up the cardstock or pattern paper sheet that has the track on it, or there will be no room for the spinning.  I shouldn't tell this, but when I first made my card, I did remember to pop up the paper but what I didn't do right, was I added pop ups too close to the track so it couldn't spin ...duh!  I had to take it apart and fix this ... which wasn't easy, as I had used scor-tape for this part.  So, make sure you do it right the first time!  Just add pop-ups at the corners and somewhere in the middle, not next to the track! 

What do you think?  Makes for one adorable and fun Valentine's Day card?

Recipe:
Paper
- Bo Bunny Crazy Love 6 x 6 (this is from either last year or the year before), Cardstock White, Brown, Pink
Stamps - Verve Love Monkey
Ink - Memento Black, Copic
Tools - Spellbinders Classic Circle, Classic Scallop Circle, Stampin'Up Word punch
Other - Pennies, Ribbon by Creative Impressions

Remember, I have Valentine's to show you for the next three days.  See you tomorrow with one that is totally out of my box or at least different than my normal style. 


Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

Hey, Tina! Thanks for sharing this, it's super cute! Those spinner cards are fun to do. I appreciate the shout out and sweet words, friend! Hugs!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com