Thursday, February 21, 2013

Victory is Mine!

Hello!  I have another inspirational card for you today.  I think of the inspirational cards you have seen this week, this one is my favorite!  Besides the colors, which when you see the card, you'll agree, the layout is great too!  Let me show you ... enjoy!
 
 

See how pretty?  I love this one.  That embossed panel under the sentiment oval is awesome.  A while back, I ordered some embossing folders from Lifestyle Crafts from one of those bargain sites that send you "steals" every day, and this was one of them.  I really need to do another card that really shows this folder off!  Do you love this card?

Recipe:
Paper - Echo Park For The Record 2, Cardstock
Stamps - Verve Beautifully Made set

Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Tools - Lifestyle Crafts Quickcutz Blossom embossing folder set, Spellbinders Petite Oval
Other - Rhinestones, Ribbon by May Arts

Most of the cards you have seen this week, and a few of the cards you will see next week, are in the group of cards that I made especially for a couple of ladies at my church who asked me to make them cards for them to send.  Well, yesterday, I met up with one of the ladies.  This lady's daughter donated all of her stamping goodies to me a few months ago.  I guess she was into it in 2003 but since then it had been collecting dust, so she wanted to donate her stuff to me.  In all honesty, there was some good, but some that I will probably try to sell at the next garage sale that The Crafty Scrapper has (March 23rd).  Anyway, I had promised a group of cards to her daughter for payment, but with the holidays, I had put it on the back burner.  It really has been bugging me to get this taken care of.  So, I went through all my available cards and took 30 with me to meet the mom.  I had her pick out 10 for the payment to her daughter and then if there were any she was interested in, she would purchase those.  She got 12 for herself!  Which is awesome!  She paid $50 for those, which means I am getting a pedicure!  The only problem is that now, I have few in my "I need a card really quick, let me just get from my stash"!  And, I don't feel like I have enough nice ones in the 8 cards she left to sell to the other lady at church.  So, I will be working on some more cards, but it won't be next week, as that is my teaching week, and it won't be the following week, as I am off on another cruise, this time with my hubby.  Well, thanks for listening to my long conversation! 


Tomorrow, I will be off to a scrapbook convention, which is up in Grapevine.  This one is Scrapbook Expo, which is the first time they have come to the metroplex, so not sure what it will be like.  I will give you the full report on Saturday.  Don't worry I have the tomorrow's post all ready for you, so stop back by tomorrow to see my next creation.

Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com