Friday, February 15, 2013

Vintage Valentine!

I almost forgot to do today's post.  I have another Valentine for you but this one is way out of my box!  Sometimes you see paper that is perfect for someone you know.  That is the way it was when I saw this vintage Valentine collage paper, so I got a sheet of it with thoughts of trying my hand at a shabby, vintage type card for my friend.  I see so many of these on blogs and pinterest and they are always so pretty, but I think they look hard for me, since it is really not my style of cards. I think I might have pulled it off, so let me show you my card and you can be the judge.  Enjoy!

 

I combined a sketch, which as you know, I always have to start with, and added papers, hearts, lace, ribbons, a paper flower, and hat pins.  What do you think?  Would love to hear from you on this one, for sure!

Recipe: 
Paper - Reminisce Cupid's Arrow (this is the vintage paper I got for my friend), Authentique Lovely Collection "Dearest" (this is the red/white paper that has the lace print on it), Cardstock Natural White, Red
Stamps - Sentiment from Stampin' Up
Ink - Versafine Black
Tools - My Favorite Things Tag You're It (I cut it a little at the bottom to make it fit better), Spellbinders Classic Heart, Splendid Circle, Stampin' Up Square Lattice embossing folder
Other - Lace (2 widths found at a garage sale for cheap), Ribbon by Midori (seam binding from my ex-store's stash), Hat Pins from Maya Road, Paper flower (Maya Road?)

I'll see you tomorrow for the Saturday sketch share!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com