Thursday, April 29, 2010

April Showers bring May Flowers!

Hello! Wait until you see my card for today. Sooo Cute! The title April showers bring May flowers goes with it perfectly. The layout of the focal image was cased from one blog and the layout was cased from another. Unfortunately, I didn't write down who's blogs they were from. I promised a while back I would try to do better so that I could give credit where credit is due. Obviously, I still need to work on it! Let me show you my card and then I will talk about the details.


The day I purchased these dot papers, I could see my little Pure Innocence girl with a paper pieced dotted umbrella! This is the first time I have stamped her and I love her. You will definitely see her again. I believe the card I cased used a similar color green paper for the grass, however they used the Martha Stewart grass border punch, which I do not own. No worries, I just cut it to look like grass. I think it came out just fine! The added flowers were Jolee's stickers that I have had forever! Last but not least, did you see the button I used? It is dotted too!

Would love to hear from you - do you like this card as much as I do?


Recipe:

Paper - Dotted by Jillibean Soup Pink Sugar and Yellow Sugar, Green pattern by Imaginisce Lucy Bird line (reverse side), Blue Sky by Stampin'Up, Cardstock White
Stamps - My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Line My Umbrella
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Punches/Die Cuts - Nestiblilites Classic Circle and Circle Scallop
Other - Tear shaped rhinestones by Hero Arts, Flowers by Jolee's Boutique, Baubles by Stamping Bella, Ribbon by Creative Impressions, Twine by The Cats Pajamas, Dotted Button by OScrap

Happy Stamping!
Tina


P.S. Oh, one more thing ... guess what I found out? There is a small scrapbook store near here that I did not know about! I checked it out today. It is owned by a mom and daughter and located in a small building on the mom's property. Out in the country. In an area, kinda like where I live. Now I will know where I can go. that is not too far away, when I need to be around creative people! Woo Hoo!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com