Saturday, April 17, 2010

Fancy Folds #3

I have one more card for you this week. I tried another folding card. You will see it seems similar to the one from yesterday, but it is made differently. Let me show you the card first and then I will explain how it was made.

I see in the above pic, it looks like the bowl is yellow. It is actually lime green to go with the green in the striped paper. The ribbon goes around the yellow panel and tied and then the top fold slips under the bow to keep the card closed.

When the folded flap is pulled to the right, the next panel shows. Can you see the sentiment? It reads ..."Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not."

And then below you have the back panel when both flaps are out. I am sorry that the pic looks blurry, but with both flaps out, it would not fit on the scanner. The inside sentiment reads ... "You deserve a day sprinkled with FUN!"

The card itself is just one flat piece 5 1/2 x 4.25. Both panels are 5 1/2" long. On both panels the 1/2 is placed on the under side of the layer on the back panel. The yellow went under on the left side and the pick on the right side. You actually can see this pretty well in the pic above. The only difference in the two panels that form the folded part of the card is their width. The yellow is 3 1/4" and the pink is 2 3/4" and this is so you can see both panels when the card is completely closed. Again, if it doesn't make sense, let me know and I will try to do a better job of explaining.

Recipe:

Paper - 3 Bugs in a Rug Little Chick line, Cardstock White, Rose, Yellow, Pink
Stamps - There She Goes Clear Stamps Ice Cream
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Die Cuts - Nesibilites Scallop Ovals
Other - Ribbon by Creative Impressions, Glossy Accents (for top of sundae), Rhinestones by Hero Arts

One last thing, did you see the teeny tiny sprinkles on the sundae? Well, this is one of the stamps in the set and it is clear. After I stamped it, I thought it got put back on the sheet but no ... I spent an hour looking for it! Just when I was about to give up, I found it! It got stuck on something else on my messy desk! Woo Hoo ... now we can have sprinkles again in the future!

Have a great weekend! Happy Stamping!
Tina

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com