Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thinking Flowers!

I will show you another one of my fancy folds cards tomorrow, but for today, I have an elegant and simple card for you. One of my favorite paper pads is from My Minds Eye called Home. I found out the one I have been using is what they call Pink and the one I used today is called Blue. However, in my opinion, they should have named it green instead, because there are many more yellows and greens in the pad than blues. Let me show you my card ...


Isn't it pretty? Not much stamping on this one, just the sentiment. Don't tell the "stamping police"! LOL! A couple of months ago, I saw on one of the cards how they used these rhinestones in a design. So, of course, I have collected a few to try out, but today was the first time I thought to use them. In person, when you look closely at the card, you can see the layer of acetate they are glued to. I guess that is o.k. Otherwise, you would have to make the design yourself with individual rhinestones and that would be a lot of work. Have a great day even though it is "tax" day!

Recipe:

Paper - My Minds Eye Home Blue, Cardstock Cream and Black
Stamps - Thinking of You by Hero Arts
Ink - Versafine Black
Punches/Die Cuts - Nestiblities Blossom & Blossom 2 (alternating to make the flower), Nestiblities Circle (under flower), EK Success Dotted Lace Border Punch
Other - Rhinestones by Prima

Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

terry said...

I LOVE this card, Tina...and...you're going to laugh. I went shopping earlier and THIS was the one pad of paper that I bought...the last one they had. I agree. It shd be called Green. I love the color and design combo and what you made with them. lovely!

 
design by suckmylolly.com