Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Butterfly Fancy!

Remember when I was scared of sketch challenges ... well, no more! I actually welcome them now to give me more ideas. Especially, if they are for A-2 size cards. Yes, I know there does seem to be a lot of sketches out there for square cards too, but I just don't send many of these for two reasons. One is I don't have an abundance of that size envelopes and two, it does cost more postage to send. Go A-2 sketches!

This week, I will be showing you one card a day for three different sketch challenges. The first one is from a blog I recently found. Their link is http://www.justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/ First, I want to show you the sketch.

I want you to take note of the circle and square in the middle. I normally would look at this and layer the circle on top of the square. But I had an idea to layer the square on top of the circle instead. I love the way it came out. Let me show you the card and then I will give you the details ...
The mauve color cardstock is taped to the inside back of the card, so when you open the card, you see the mauve. When I go to do the inside, I will probably take it one step further and add a smaller white panel and then put my inside sentiment on it. I often finish the inside to show you, but I just didn't think about it when I was out in my room. Oh well! How about the die cut butterfly? It is from Stampin' Up. I love, love, love it! One more thing to note, I like that I used white cardstock for the sentiment instead of a cream color. Even though, the paper has a background of a cream color, by using the white, it makes the whole thing pop.

Recipe:

Paper - K & Co. Hopscotch Girl Butterflies Line, Mauve and Green Cardstock
Stamps - Sentiment by Stamp Camp - unmounted set called Butterfly Quotes
Ink - Versafine Black
Die Cuts/Punches - Nestiblities Circle in 2 sizes, Stampin' Up Emboss Die, Ek Success Border Punch
Other - Ribbon by May Arts, Glitter Dome Stickers from Hobby Lobby

See you tomorrow! Happy Stamping!
Tina

5 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Great job and I DO love the square on top of the circle. - great thinking. Pretty colors. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. Wasn’t this a great sketch? We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again next week.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card! Love that background DP & the pretty embossed butterfly! Pops right off the card! Fabulous job with this weeks sketch challenge - Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

Christy said...

Gorgeous!! i love the butterfly :)

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE all those butterflies, especially with that FAB sentiment! Pretty card!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is beautiful! Love your elegant paper and pretty colors. The butterfly is a perfect accent :O)

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! Hope to see you again tomorrow for another fun challenge :]

 
design by suckmylolly.com