Tuesday, April 13, 2010

You're the Best!

Happy Tuesday! The last couple of days I have been in a creating mood and have made several cards in which I will show you in the next few days! Last week I think I did a different sketch challenge every day. I was planning on taking a week off from participating in the sketch challenges. But, I just couldn't resist doing Jen delMuro's challenge for the week. I loved the simple sketch and I love how my card came out. First, let me share with you the sketch. And if you want to go to her site, here is the link. http://iheart2stamp.com/2010/04/10/sketch-for-you-to-try-34/

Now for my card ...

There are so many companies out there with very cute girl stamps. Hero Arts got on that band wagon and I am glad because it has always been one of my favorite companies. I picked up this mini clear set a few weeks ago when we were down in Austin. Of course, I paper pieced her little dress and because she didn't look too hard to cut out, I did just that, so that I could layer her onto the daisy cuttlebug background. Did you see the daisy punch on the left side? Oh my, I absolutely love this new punch. I saw it used on a blog, but it was noted as the wrong title so I had trouble figuring out exactly what it was called. Thanks to my friend, Eileen, she did a little research and found it for me! Living down here, in the country, I do not have the choices of stores, that I had when I lived in the metroplex, so it is awesome to have friends that "take care of my needs"... stamping needs, that is! I know you will see this punch on my cards in the future.

Recipe:

Paper - Die Cuts with a View Flower Shower Spring Matstock, Cardstock White, Purple
Stamps - Hero Arts Mini Clear Set You're the Best, Sentiment "you're the best" by Stamping Bella (set of sentiments)
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Punches/Dies - Nestiblities Scallop Circle and Circle, Martha Steward Border Punch Floral Band, McGill Tag Punch for sentiment
Other - Flower Rhinestone by Hero Arts, Button, Ribbon by May Arts, Cuttlebug Folder Flower

Notice I have been told that some of the colors I type with are hard to read, so from now on you will see basic black. I love using colors, but on the other hand, it is also important that you can read all my ramblings! LOL! Come back tomorrow for another creation!

Happy Stamping!
Tina



4 comments:

Jeanne Lobsinger said...

Very pretty card Tina. I subscribed to your blog to get some inspiration. Have only felt like scrapbooking lately. Need to get out there and make some cards!

Karla Tamada said...

Really cute card Tina! And that daisy punch is awesome--I thought it was ribbon! Glad you're having fun ... miss seeing you though.

terry said...

YES, I have already scoped out the Floral Band MS punch...one of my favs already! As I mentioned before , lately I have been loving the "little cute girl" motifs! They just make me smile!
Love your card. The colours are yummy and,of course,the paper piecing is always a fav!

terry said...

Okay. I'm looking through your blogg and great cards again and had to comment again on this one...the more I look the more in love I am wuth the combo of colors and theme. Did u find this paper pack at the shop you mentioned?Love the purples and greens.

 
design by suckmylolly.com