Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!

Today I am sharing the second card I made for Easter. This celebrates what Easter is really about. I purchased the stamps in January at the Grapevine stamp convention just waiting for this holiday so that I could stamp them! When I think of Easter, I always think purple. But, I had a little trouble finding religious Easter paper. But when I saw this shimmery purple swirl paper, I knew I could make it work. The main image is nestled behind a punch out circle border. I found this instruction on YouTube from Becca of Amazing Paper Grace, which is one of my favorite blogs to look at. Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k-xwQCv4Cg I think you will be amazed at how simple it is! Here is my Easter card for you ... enjoy ...

And here is the closeup version ...

Recipe:


Paper - Purple Swirls by Riminisce Easter Swirls Line, Purple Shimmer Cardstock, Silver Shimmer Cardstock, Silver Shimmer Text Weight, White Shimmer Text Weight. (I used a combination of cardstock and text weight on this card because I only had text weight in the white and that was the color I needed and then I used the silver text weight with the border punch because I had a hard time getting the border punch to go thru the cardstock.)
Stamps - Both Easter stamps by Morning Star,Tiny grass by Art Impressions
Ink - Versamark, JudiKins silver embossing powder, Marvy Matchable Ink Pads
Dies/Punches - Nestiblities Scallop Circle and Circle, Martha Stewart Border Punch, EK Success Corner Punch
Other - Waterbrush (to create watercolored background behind crosses with marvy inks), Silver Pearls by Queen & Co. (yes, they are silver but paired with the purple, they look to be purple, even in person!)

Have a very blessed Easter Weekend!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

terry said...

Like you, I associate PURPLE as the main colour of Easter. Your card is quite a beauty! I love your placement and coloring of the crosses...really unique and effective! Hope your Easter was as great as your card! Enjoy!

 
design by suckmylolly.com