Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fancy Folds #1

I have seen quite a few ideas lately of cards with folds. I decided to try a few and show you what I came up with. When picking out my title for this post, it reminded me of coming up with fun titles to the classes I taught when I had my store. I actually can see this card as part of a class I would teach. But, no store, only you to share with! Let me show you the front of the card first and then I will show you the pics of the folds for this card.

Pretty cute, huh? Can you figure out where the fold is? The panel with the dog flips up so you can see the rest of the sentiment.
Now, I could have left it like that and just made it a flat card but I decided to instead have it as a regular card that opens, which gives me more room to sign my message. The next pic is the inside of the card.

The only thing I wish I would have done differently is too go with white cardstock instead of the cream. I have said it before that I think using white makes everything pop even if the paper you use has the cream in it. Oh well, next time!

Recipe:
Paper - The Paper Company Paws & Claws Stripe & Dog Bones Collection. Cardstock Cream, Green, Blue
Stamps -Our Craft Lounge Clear Set called Pat the Bad Dog, Have A Wonderful Day seniment by Printworks
Ink - Versafine Black, Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol
Die Cuts/Punches - Nestiblities Classic Ovals, and Scallop Classic Ovals
Other - Tiny Metallic Accents by Hero Arts (I got ink on one of the colors - one of these covered it up and the rest made it look pretty!)

See you tomorrow! Happy Stamping!
Tina

1 comments:

terry said...

Okay...That's too "dog gone cute"!
Really love the tricky folds in this one! I like the fact that you left it as a "regular" card to open as well! Wonderful job, Tina!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com